My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

YouTube fails from *Humax* Search

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

car3107

Anyone else have this prob? Going onto the YouTube app and searching and playing items from there, all is fine. But using the Humax's own main search facility, if I select a YouTube item from among the search results, the YouTube app logo displays briefly, then screen goes black and stays that way. "Exit" button gets you out ok, so the whole machine isn't crashed or anything, and clicking on search result items from the other categories of search results ("BBCiPlayer, ITV Hub", "recording", "broadcast", etc) all work fine.

Anyone else experiencing this?

| Thu 27 Apr 2017 11:21:12 #1 |
  2. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Yes - identical response. R-

| Thu 27 Apr 2017 12:26:30 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Whilst this is obviously a problem....

Try pressing OK after the YouTube splash screen has disappeared, works for me on a couple of tests.

| Thu 27 Apr 2017 13:13:54 #3 |
  4. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Yes, that works for me also. R-

| Thu 27 Apr 2017 13:35:43 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

car3107

Interesting. Right, pushing "OK" does indeed get me past the black screen; the vid's name is displayed and the vid player window and controls are there, so it looks like it's ready to go... except that the vid doesn't seem to actually load (the timeline doesn't "fill" from left to right, and the "end" time at the right of the timeline never changes from "0:00"). Even after waiting a bit, when I press the "play" arrow I get: "An error occurred. Please try again later." If you press "go back" it takes you back to the YouTube home page.

| Thu 27 Apr 2017 13:50:07 #5 |
  6. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Same car3107 - I didn't go far enough with it. I get the "error" message and a code with which to contact YT. I tried on three different selections - all the same. R-

| Thu 27 Apr 2017 14:07:44 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

car3107

Yep.

| Thu 27 Apr 2017 14:08:23 #7 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I continued trying for another dozen or so videos yesterday.

The timing of when you press OK appears to be critical, as I did witness the error on a couple of occasions, but trying the same video again it worked.

However there is a problem so have highlighted this thread to Humax Towers.

| Fri 28 Apr 2017 7:21:24 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

car3107

Yep, have discovered that from when the YouTube app logo screen appears, if I repeatedly press - or just press and hold - the OK button (and continue to do so even after the logo disappears), that the video does load and play.

| Fri 28 Apr 2017 10:07:19 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.