My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

youview 1010 stuck on Nearly ready

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdwm

Sorry this is a youview query - i cannot find youview forum

Unit stopped so, as usual, tried resetting, from switching power off and on, and got stuck at Nearly ready. Tried a few times including leaving for 2 hours. Nothing.

Went into Maintenance and tried factory reset, keep recordings - solution not available

tried internet etc, keep recordings - solution not available

finally the top item in the list ('recommended') though i can't recall the title.- seems to be the same as the first item above ie after off/on. Stuck on Nearly ready

Please help

| Wed 23 Jul 2014 10:05:22 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

If maintenance mode has not fixed it then I fear there is no solution, back to retail for an exchange if within warranty period, or contact Humax.

Edit: thread moved to youview area.

| Wed 23 Jul 2014 10:16:13 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdwm

many thx

so dispiriting to lose all our treasured (i mean it) recordings - we have underage 10 kids and they LOVE LOVE LOVE Katie Morag.

To spend all that money and it messes up is dreadful these days of high tech

| Wed 23 Jul 2014 10:41:10 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

I sympathise, having been through it twice. Being philosophical though,

- most stuff will come round again, esp. kids' stuff

- if there's something you especially want to keep, you can copy it to DVD via Scart.

Personally I think YouView T1000 / T1010 boxes should come with a big label warning the user that at the first sign of freezing they might as well start viewing any unwatched recordings 'cos before long they'll be going bye-bye.

| Wed 23 Jul 2014 15:38:35 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.