My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Youview locks me out.

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

syymon

Has anyone else had this, or can Humax explain it:
    Sometimes when I turn the box on, I can see the channel it starts on and can hear sound but neither the remote control (apart from its ON/OFF button) or the controls on the box work. Turning it off with the remote and restarting it has no effect - it comes back exactly the same. The only thing that fixes it is flipping the off switch at the back and waiting (the long period) for it to restart.

I haven't seen anything like this since I had my thompson box 7 years ago.

Before the youview I had a humax 9300T and had relatively little hassle with that. As a result, I assumed that the youview would be of similar reliability. How wrong!

I might be taking this back to John Lewis!

| Wed 12 Sep 2012 21:08:52 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

cj136uk

Not had this. You don't have to press the back button. Just press and hold the front circle button until the box restarts

| Wed 12 Sep 2012 21:33:54 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum syymon

Try a box reset using maintenance mode see:

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/how-to-restart-unit-if-problems-encountered for a 'how to' link.

| Wed 12 Sep 2012 21:39:15 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

syymon

Ok, thanks. I had a look at that but would rather it didn't happen in the first place.
    Are you saying that doing that:
    1. will solve my problem; or
    2. Is just something to do when the unit locks
    ??

| Wed 12 Sep 2012 23:19:58 #4 |
  5. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Had this once (before the latest firmware update). But only the once and has been fine since I power-cycled it.

| Wed 12 Sep 2012 23:32:06 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

syymon - 10 hours ago  » 
    Ok, thanks. I had a look at that but would rather it didn't happen in the first place.
    Are you saying that doing that:
    1. will solve my problem; or
    2. Is just something to do when the unit locks
    ??

No one could possibly answer that for sure, however the advice posted here is exactly as Youview support would recommend if you contacted them.

| Thu 13 Sep 2012 9:31:56 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nik

syymon - 1 week ago  » 
    Sometimes when I turn the box on, I can see the channel it starts on and can hear sound but neither the remote control (apart from its ON/OFF button) or the controls on the box work. Turning it off with the remote and restarting it has no effect - it comes back exactly the same. The only thing that fixes it is flipping the off switch at the back and waiting (the long period) for it to restart.

Yup.
    Had my DTR one week and it locks us out like that once almost every day. And at the same time it forgets channels and needs retuning.
    My children are NOT happy.

| Wed 19 Sep 2012 21:36:35 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.