My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR 2000T - Catchup TV

(28 posts)
  1. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

JamesB - 52 minutes ago  » 
    There are some differences between the YouView models which you might want to be aware of.
    The earlier models, DTR-T1000 and to a lesser extent DTR-T1010, have a reputation for dying young, though YouView say the failure rate is within normal range.
    Later models (DTR-T2000, DTR-T2100, DTR-T2110) seem to be more reliable.

Would you happen to know if the BT badged Humax would work with any provider?

| Sun 21 Dec 2014 12:32:28 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Yes, for everything except BT TV channels. BT-branded boxes follow the BT update schedule, rather than the (usually a bit earlier) retail schedule. The warranty coverage may also differ, for BT-branded boxes bought retail.

| Sun 21 Dec 2014 12:41:04 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

colirv

I was tempted to buy a YouView box, liking the idea of a Programme Guide that went back a week as well as forward. Then I read the reviews, and instead went for a T2 followed by a 2000T, on the basis that they at least seem to work well and reliably.

| Mon 22 Dec 2014 10:39:40 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

colirv - 35 minutes ago  » 
    I was tempted to buy a YouView box, liking the idea of a Programme Guide that went back a week as well as forward. Then I read the reviews, and instead went for a T2 followed by a 2000T, on the basis that they at least seem to work well and reliably.

I also liked the idea of the rollback EPG but in practice, during the time I had a YouView box, I seldom found myself using it.

| Mon 22 Dec 2014 11:19:55 #14 |
  5. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

JamesB - 2 weeks ago  » 
    There are some differences between the YouView models which you might want to be aware of.
    The earlier models, DTR-T1000 and to a lesser extent DTR-T1010, have a reputation for dying young, though YouView say the failure rate is within normal range.

I bit the bullet and returned the NON Youview box and now have a BT Badged Humax DTR-T2110, seems to do all the things I have heard.

I seem not to be able to record any On Demand or past programmes !

...and is there any way of accessing the recorded programmes ?

Is there any sort of a hidden menu, I cannot find a menu option as such..

| Tue 6 Jan 2015 14:37:04 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

sloppyjoe - 1 minute ago  » 

JamesB - 2 weeks ago  » 

I bit the bullet and returned the NON Youview box and now have a BT Badged Humax DTR-T2110, seems to do all the things I have heard.

You can't record on demand content on pretty well anything. Some platforms like for example Android Tablets and iplayer allow downloading for viewing offline. The content though is time restricted.

| Tue 6 Jan 2015 14:40:43 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

sloppyjoe - 33 minutes ago  » 

JamesB - 2 weeks ago  » 

You can't record OnDemand, which as Graham says is the case for most PVRs. It's possible BT or TalkTalk allow this, if you sign up for their services, but definitely when you're using the YouView box as a standalone PVR, recording OnDemand is not possible.

To access the recorded programmes, press the blue button marked 'Y' and go to Myview.

Menu options are also accessed via the 'Y' button.

| Tue 6 Jan 2015 15:17:51 #17 |
  8. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

You can't record OnDemand, which as Graham says is the case for most PVRs. It's possible BT or TalkTalk allow this, if you sign up for their services, but definitely when you're using the YouView box as a standalone PVR, recording OnDemand is not possible.
    To access the recorded programmes, press the blue button marked 'Y' and go to Myview.

Thx,

I am guessing there is no way of transferring the recorded programmes either, by any means !

| Tue 6 Jan 2015 15:52:35 #18 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

sloppyjoe - 1 minute ago  » 
    I am guessing there is no way of transferring the recorded programmes either, by any means !

Not on a Youview box. There is on the Humax T2 range of Freeview-pvrs but these lack the full range of catch up services. You may well be able to record in real time using a DVD recorder from an analogue output.

| Tue 6 Jan 2015 15:55:26 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

sloppyjoe - 4 minutes ago  » 
    Thx,

Only via Scart, in realtime. I saved a great art series "The Shock of the New" by laboriously copying each episode from the YouView box to my DVD recorder. But only worth doing for what you really want to keep.

| Tue 6 Jan 2015 15:59:29 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.