My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

1010s Playing& Not Responding

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Marv

i had (still have) a 9200 for yrs and this developed exactly the same problem. it also "forgot" to record things if i switched it to standby (yes, i did check that the clock was displayed & not the dead Cylon) ... but only sometimes. powering off was the only was to "cure" it - until the next time! i was told that this happened when it was "loading the program guide". however, it happened to me when it had been on all day. i was told to reload the software - tried that a number of times but it never made any difference. when i also lost all my recordings ("because Linux can't have more than 512 files" i was told) i bought a new one.
    the same problem(S) started on the new 9200t when it was only a few months old. leading me to believe that this is probably a software problem. if i was to hazard a guess, i would say that this is "related" to the fact that sometimes they don't switch off properly, i.e. they go into "dead Cylon mode".
    tbh, i logged on tonight to ask if this problem (on the 9200t) also occurs on the models with catch-up capability.
    i guess you've answered my question lyns88.
    -
    are these problems a feature of all hummys??

| Mon 22 Sep 2014 20:19:35 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

wilsonlaidlaw

REPASSAC - 1 hour ago  » 
    As you may know the remote can use several different configurations to allow multiple Humax units to be used in the same room. If you have changed the default it is possible that the remote has changed back to the default set (a problem which has been reported before). However your post indicates that a power cycle restores operation for a period.
    All that is left to try is a factory default. I would add that I would leave the remote for say 15 mins any try again. If it works then I would post your results.

I would doubt if it is anything to do with the remote as the problem would then be consistent. It happens after I have been listening to BBC R3 all day, so my suspicion falls on it being a faulty capacitor, which is going out of tolerance, after being on for more than a certain period of being powered up. I am coming back to the UK next week for the winter from the south of France and I will bring it with me and send it back to Humax UK for diagnosis. Difficult I know as it is an intermittent issue. Just in case it is a software glitch, I have done a factory reset this evening.

Wilson

| Mon 22 Sep 2014 20:48:50 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pascal

My Humax HDR1000s just now developed this fault. It doesn't respond to the remote, I cannot switch channels or do anything. The box is now one month old and worked perfectly until now.

| Wed 24 Sep 2014 20:04:23 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

wilsonlaidlaw

I think my troubles dated from the firmware update at the beginning of the month. I have now done a factory reset and then customised how I want it. For the last two days it has been behaving. I wonder if it needed a factory reset to bed the firmware update in properly.

Wilson

| Wed 24 Sep 2014 21:09:08 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.