My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

1010s Playing& Not Responding

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

lyns88

Hi

I have a Humax 1010s, I have only had it a month or so and I cannot get it to respond.

It is still playing the channel that was on earlier but the box will not respond to the remote or me pressing any of the bottons on the front of the box.... any idea?

| Sat 30 Aug 2014 17:56:36 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Try touching and keep touching the power button on front of unit for approx. 10 seconds, see if that will initiate a reset.

If that fails then your only recourse will be to disconnect power to unit for 10 minutes and then power up again see what happens.

| Sat 30 Aug 2014 17:59:58 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

lyns88

Hey, Thanks for the welcome and a swift reponse I have just tired your first suggestion but no luck I guess I will have to disconnect he power now finger crossed it works after this

| Sat 30 Aug 2014 18:05:28 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Apologises just realised you are using satellite box not youview, so the 10 second touch would have had no effect.

Power on off is usually the only option.

Did you per chance change the remote code used?

| Sat 30 Aug 2014 18:40:15 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

lyns88

Thank you its fixed!

| Sat 30 Aug 2014 19:15:24 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

wilsonlaidlaw

I have just started having the same issue with my HDR1000S, where the selected programme carries on playing but no response to remote; channel change etc. The only button which responds on the remote is power off. The Humax will then not power on again. The time display disappears but then nothing happens. Powering off at PS, resets the whole thing for some time until it happens again a few days later. The unit is well ventilated and was quite cool when this happened. I changed the remote batteries with no improvement. I have not tried a reset to factory setting as yet. I did check there was no FW update pending. Time to send for service under warranty?

Wilson

| Mon 22 Sep 2014 18:11:44 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

wilsonlaidlaw - 31 minutes ago  » 
    I have just started having the same issue with my HDR1000S, where the selected programme carries on playing but no response to remote; channel change etc. The only button which responds on the remote is power off. The Humax will then not power on again. The time display disappears but then nothing happens. Powering off at PS, resets the whole thing for some time until it happens again a few days later. The unit is well ventilated and was quite cool when this happened. I changed the remote batteries with no improvement. I have not tried a reset to factory setting as yet. I did check there was no FW update pending. Time to send for service under warranty?
    Wilson

Does your remote have a STB button or is it an older model?
    How long have you had it?

| Mon 22 Sep 2014 18:44:17 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

wilsonlaidlaw

No STB button. I have had it about 6 months. It was new when I got it and I registered it for warranty.

Wilson

| Mon 22 Sep 2014 19:18:23 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

wilsonlaidlaw - 1 hour ago  » 
    Wilson

Same here on my almost 2 year old box. I reckon the latest s/w update has made it unstable. Will monitor.

| Mon 22 Sep 2014 19:28:59 #9 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

As you may know the remote can use several different configurations to allow multiple Humax units to be used in the same room. If you have changed the default it is possible that the remote has changed back to the default set (a problem which has been reported before). However your post indicates that a power cycle restores operation for a period.

All that is left to try is a factory default. I would add that I would leave the remote for say 15 mins any try again. If it works then I would post your results.

| Mon 22 Sep 2014 19:34:09 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.