My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » The Lounge

Tell us about your Humax Product

(184 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wisar

How much better it is than the Sky DVR!!! As in it could be from another planet where the user matters.

| Wed 27 Jun 2012 9:20:04 #161 |
  2. Gerrymac

Gerrymac

Just purchased my HDR-Fox T2 to replace the sky+box.....kids wern.t bit pleased but they wern.t paying the monthly bill.
    Just finding my feet with it....but this forum will help...
    Now my plasma HD ready TV is being finally used for HD....hope more channels come in the future....and best of all...I can now watch all champion league football on RTE without Sky blocking it...
    Anyone looking a sky box one going cheap....

Cheers.

| Sat 11 May 2013 14:13:14 #162 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

deej78

I love my HDR1000. I love the simplicity of it. It's quiet. It does everything.

I love how it can play most media files from USB and the Network. I love how it has BBC iplayer and other On Demand services.

It's reliable. It very rarely lets me down functionally being a recording box. It always works. Yes guys, even my sky HD box let me down often.

It looks nice, it's future proof and it saves a fortune on subscriber bills.

| Fri 28 Jun 2013 10:51:32 #163 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

d4005

deej78 - 1 week ago  » 
    I love my HDR1000. I love the simplicity of it. It's quiet. It does everything.
    I love how it can play most media files from USB and the Network. I love how it has BBC iplayer and other On Demand services.
    It's reliable. It very rarely lets me down functionally being a recording box. It always works. Yes guys, even my sky HD box let me down often.
    It looks nice, it's future proof and it saves a fortune on subscriber bills.

What he said! Every word of it. I was keen to try plugging a USB drive full of video from a variety of sources into it. It played everything I threw at it AVI(Divx), AVI(Xvid), WMV, really old WMV, MP4, MPEG1 - I couldn't trip it up. Not that I wanted to, I'm just used to it. I've got a small set-top-box that plays video that failed on many of the formats. My Sony Bravia HDTV says it plays just about anything but failed on about 50% of my files. Only the Humax gets it right. I'm so impressed with it that I'm convinced it's running VLC player in there - how else could they do it.

The menus and layout are perfect. I like that I can delete channels from the line-up that I'll never watch. Love the flexibility of the recording options. The skip buttons are a very welcome return for me, as an ex Tivo user I really missed being able to skip back and forward a "bunch" of seconds. All the time I was using my Sky+HD box I was really missing my old 2001 TiVo and thinking that nothing came close to it. Now I see I was wrong. My Humax 1000S is all that a Sky+HD box and a TiVo can offer combined, but with so much more too. The built-in on-demand apps are great. The iPlayer one seems somehow to be better quality than the one on my Roku box. I hope Netflix gets included in a future release, then I can ditch my Roku completely.

It'll take the rest of the year for my new lack of Sky subscriptions to pay for my new Humax, but after that it's win all the way

| Wed 10 Jul 2013 14:21:49 #164 |
  5. soileduk

soileduk

I like the fact that Argos gave me a refund without question.

| Sat 14 Dec 2013 16:27:01 #165 |
  6. Grime

Grime

My disabled daughter can use it. The big 'clicky' remote I mean. I am really happy about that. (and I agree with everything above)

| Thu 12 Jun 2014 16:14:09 #166 |
  7. Grime

Grime

My disabled daughter can use it. The big 'clicky' remote I mean. I am really happy about that. (and I agree with everything above)

| Thu 12 Jun 2014 16:16:59 #167 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

combwork

9200T. So far it's good. Strange thing is I get a better picture both from recordings and broadcast than I used to get on the Digibox. Once I've got the manual (thanks Jeffers) I'm going to try hooking the audio output to an old Philips amplifier.

Wish me luck,

Jim.

| Thu 13 Nov 2014 10:43:01 #168 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

michael.meakin

I think it is very easy to use, the problem that I have with it
    that you cannot always get iplayer when will this problem be sorted

| Sun 14 Dec 2014 11:33:26 #169 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

michael.meakin - 32 minutes ago  » 
    I think it is very easy to use, the problem that I have with it
    that you cannot always get iplayer when will this problem be sorted

Welcome to our Forum

Which Humax product you are having iplayer issues with.

| Sun 14 Dec 2014 12:07:23 #170 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.