My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

2000T - is this true?

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

damian - 3 hours ago  » 
    I'd never have thought about spdif, although you're not supposed to look into a fibre-optic cable though

That could explain the trouble I'm having with my eyes!!!
    Seriously, I would have thought the danger would be close up. But I suppose given the nature of the light it might be a problem from 2m away? Might have to look into some form of diffuser.

| Sun 1 Feb 2015 10:51:55 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I know we are supposed to be in the era of saving money and most gadgets these days are classed as short lived consumables, which by the way I consider to be a huge waste of the earths resources.

However, I still fail to see why Humax could not come up with something very similar to my 1000s Freesat box.

That still has a display (of sorts) though you do need good eyes to spot that it is recording. Nevertheless it does still have a recording indicator.

Whether it is about saving money or satisfying content providers I do think generally the function of PVRs is not one of advancement.

| Sun 1 Feb 2015 12:05:36 #12 |
  3. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

It's a shame they didn't have a third LED colour for standby. On the HDR-FOX, standby is orange. Humax could fix this in the software though: they could make the display purple when recording by switching on both LEDs at the same time.

| Sun 1 Feb 2015 13:05:17 #13 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Purple is used when updating software.

Flashing to indicate downloading/programming, steady when complete.

| Sun 1 Feb 2015 14:03:58 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Barry - 3 hours ago  » 
    Purple is used when updating software.
    Flashing to indicate downloading/programming, steady when complete.

Well given updates are as rare as hens teeth I would much prefer it if Humax used the purple both for record and updates.

This would be a huge improvement on dull red means off or slightly brighter dull red means recording.

| Sun 1 Feb 2015 17:21:08 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

damian - 10 hours ago  » 
    I'd never have thought about spdif, although you're not supposed to look into a fibre-optic cable though

That's a fallacy, it's not driven by a laser, it's just a low power red led.

| Sun 1 Feb 2015 17:36:47 #16 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.