My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

2000T won't play Youtube files on analogue TV

(32 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

hubb - 18 minutes ago  » 
    Last night still wouldn't play. This morning it again won't play, no message, just endless rotating white circular arrow.

Same on a HDR FOX T2

| Sun 21 Dec 2014 12:59:43 #11 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

9/10 of most popular today are working for me on a HDR T2, will check 1800/2000T shortly.

| Sun 21 Dec 2014 14:38:56 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Barry - 4 minutes ago  » 
    9/10 of most popular today are working for me on a HDR T2, will check 1800/2000T shortly.

Now working OK.

| Sun 21 Dec 2014 14:43:47 #13 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Whilst checking 2000T got to 7/10 of most popular today and invalid file format error message again, same on HDR T2.

| Sun 21 Dec 2014 14:46:28 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

invalid file format still for me after viewing something earlier. It seems to work sometimes and not others. Why is this happening, is it Youtube or Humax's fault ? So annoying.

| Sun 21 Dec 2014 19:14:31 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

Still getting invalid file format making Youtube useless

| Mon 22 Dec 2014 19:38:06 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

There seems to be no explanation as to why this is happening, or more importantly if it will be fixed. Anyone ?

| Mon 22 Dec 2014 23:38:02 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

Well I am fed up with Youtbe working only part time of late. I am curious as to why nobody is responding to this query. This is a major issue for me.

| Tue 23 Dec 2014 18:26:58 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

vigman - 3 days ago  » 
    One issue I haven't resolved is that although I can get the Humax handset to control my analogue Panasonic TV, there is no equivalent of the AV/TV button and the TV always switches on as analogue.
    Vigman

I assume you've gone through all the options/menus on the panasonic, used scart 1 socket, usually, or which ever scart socket is listed as auto switching in the panasonic manual. I think some of the philips would auto switch on scart 2 only, there was some logic behind it.

something similar was a nightmare on my partner's old (8+), but digital panasonic, no amount of pressing zero, channel up/down, settings in menu for AV helped she always had to use the panasonic remote to get AV. It came down to the TV needed an aerial signal and tuned into a channel on number 1. once switched on the TV's tuner would flash a picture for a split second and then it would auto select AV.
    It's possible this sort of logic is the same for your TV; however being analogue not very helpful. If you've an old VCR or similar with RF out you may be able to prove this by tuning channel 1 to the RF out signal usually around 26-32 UHF, still not very helpful though.
    Do you have any other equipment, DVD's etc. via scart where they do switch the panasonic over automatically on play? If it does then unplug the scart from the DVD etc. and use that scart for the Humax and test. If nothing does then I can't imagine the Humax would either. Clutching at straws... I'd try pressing pause on the Humax for a couple of seconds and then play to see if that gets a signal to the panasonic or even switching on order, i.e. panasonic first followed by Humax of vice-versa

As Graham mentioned #7, I personally favour a universal remote, a cheaper (?) logitech harmony that can operate 5 or so devices, once you get your head around the concept of activities and the programming online then they're brilliant remotes, just a bit of a steep learning curve, but maybe OTT unless you have multiple devices.

If you physically switch the TV on, as I do, then on my partner's at least it doesn't take much more to flick to AV whilst stood there. A new TV would solve the problem and although the picture quality would be much better the sound quality is usually poor compared to what we were used to from the bigger analogue TV's and it does seem madness to throw away perfectly good analogue TV's, I hope you find a work-around

| Tue 23 Dec 2014 20:58:36 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Youtube was working 8/10 most popular earlier on today so pretty much normal for youtube, one failed to load the other had the invalid format, one had been uploaded 12 hours previously the other 18 hours so both new, both failures worked on pc, tablet, phone etc.

A few hours later and all the ones that did work now get the invalid format including the one that failed to load. I only ever use portal for iplayer which works fine so youtubes problems are of no real consequence for me and I still have pc, laptop, tablet, phone, smart players etc as I assume most people have at least one that can access this forum via the same device and hence youtube.

Clearly something has changed yet again over the last few hours, possibly an attempt to get the 2/10 that didn't work to work as well, strain on the network, failover tests, etc. etc. I wouldn't be surprised if all were back to normal again tomorrow. Time will tell.

| Tue 23 Dec 2014 21:32:11 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.