My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Audio echo / 'dalek' sound

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

tominfrance

My Hdr1000s has started a strange fault. During either live viewing or playback, at some point the audio starts to echo in a rather tinny 'dalek' kind of way (That's the best way I can describe it).
    Switching from recorded to live or vice versa, switching channels etc. doesn't cure it. What does cure it is either, switching the unit off and on again, or, unplugging the HDMI cable and re-plugging it (unit switched on) or re-setting the playback definition in 'Tools'.(however, with another definition selected the problem re-occurs)
    I have tried replacing the HDMI lead - same. After 'resetting' it we usually continue for the rest of the evening without a repeat, however it does happen just about every time we switch it on now.
    I have contcted Humax help-desk and they say they haven't heard about the fault. Any help appreciated.

| Mon 10 Mar 2014 7:32:48 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum. Is the problem the same on both SD and HD channels or confined to HD ones ?

| Mon 10 Mar 2014 10:30:50 #2 |
  3. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Sounds like the kind of think you might hear if you use a separate sound system but forget to turn the volume down on the TV itself.

| Mon 10 Mar 2014 10:34:35 #3 |
  4. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

OP have you tested other devices such as DVD or Blu Ray player just to rule out it's not your TV speakers or the TVs HDMI input at fault?
    You could also try and see if you get the same via scart connection or even try the box on another TV.

| Mon 10 Mar 2014 11:39:24 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

tominfrance

Thanks for the replies. I used to have a Foxat plugged into the same TV. I just swapped it out in December. It is on SD definitely but i'll check HD. to make sure. I'll also try another TV.

| Mon 10 Mar 2014 17:36:26 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

tominfrance

It's the TV speakers , no external audio unit...

| Mon 10 Mar 2014 17:37:42 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

tominfrance

Thanks for your help. I tracked down the problem to the tv. It's a Toshiba LCD with a (now) known problem connecting via HDMI. Requires a firmware update.

| Tue 25 Mar 2014 9:39:17 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.