My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Does Not Record a Programme

(24 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Onanov - 11 hours ago  » 
    It would seem that my issues is with the first recording of the day. Today I set it to record bbc local news at lunchtime. This didn't record, but pointless did ( and I'm glad, as someone actually won the £20k jackpot. But I think I need to get out more!! :oops:)
    It would seem that it simply ingnores the first scheduled recording of the day/after a period of shut down.
    Hopefully a fix is not far off!!

Corrrect - first recording of the day fails unless the box is powered up for 10 minutes within 2 hours or so of the recording start time, adding a power on timer before the first recording falls due or using auto padding works for me.

| Thu 24 Jan 2013 10:31:30 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

ferrylass

So glad to have finally found an answer or at least I hope so. I'm on my second box having been advised by Humax customer service that my box must be faulty and so I returned it to Curry's and got a replacement. Needless to say the new box has been doing exactly the same thing, not recording programs when the box has been on standby for long periods of time.
    One thing I have noticed is that if you check on the signal strength during the time that a recording has failed it says that there is no signal from one of the ports.I would have though that this would mean you couldn't record at all but if you then start to record a program the second signal returns...very odd.
    Anyway, having read through all your comments I have added 2 mins auto padding to recordings and I'm hoping this will work, if not will then set box to start up in the morning.
    Its such a shame that Humax customer service do not seem to be aware of this problem and the possible solution until such time as they come up with a fix.

| Thu 24 Jan 2013 12:48:32 #22 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

Those that need to know at Humax Towers are certainly aware of the issue.

Further info will be released shortly.

| Thu 24 Jan 2013 12:54:05 #23 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

ferrylass - 9 minutes ago  » 
    One thing I have noticed is that if you check on the signal strength during the time that a recording has failed it says that there is no signal from one of the ports.I would have though that this would mean you couldn't record at all but if you then start to record a program the second signal returns...very odd.

All HDR-1000S boxes are the same, diagnostics only shows data for tuners actually in use (power saving ?). Starting a recording forces both tuners to be used so you get signals from both tuners. If it says two connections at the bottom of the screen nothing to worry about. By recording different channels you can check the individual signals from the transponders in use.

| Thu 24 Jan 2013 13:01:39 #24 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.