senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Please check your PM's

| Thu 19 Mar 2015 0:08:55 #81 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

dragonmoat

Barry

Thanks for the link

When I try to update the file as per the update instructions the usb is recognised but the update process doesn't start.

Regards

| Thu 19 Mar 2015 1:12:00 #82 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

humax111

I too need the updated software for the new WiFi dongle

| Sat 21 Mar 2015 22:26:43 #83 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

I will PM you the link for version 1.01.10 that supports new dongle, however you might like to note a later version is planned to be broadcast OTA from 2am Thurs 26 Mar 2015.

| Sat 21 Mar 2015 23:00:06 #84 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

humax111

Very much appreciated. I now don't have the WiFi greyed out. I have been unable to get the TV portal working for iPlayer etc. I have put in my WiFi password, am I missing something?

| Sun 22 Mar 2015 13:23:32 #85 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

humax111 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Very much appreciated. I now don't have the WiFi greyed out. I have been unable to get the TV portal working for iPlayer etc. I have put in my WiFi password, am I missing something?

So what does it show for IP address, gateway and DNS?

| Sun 22 Mar 2015 15:00:14 #86 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dawry

I too need the updated software for the new WiFi dongle

Purchased 1Tb unit C/W dongle,
    S/W at purchase - 1.01.07
    Current S/W 1.01.06
    WiFi greyedout on both.

Also had email exchange with Humax Technical support
    First reply told me to do a factory reset, no help.
    second reply asked if I was using front od back USB port, with no explanation as to which should or should not work.
    third reply said this is strange, can I check the dongle on a PC.
    (PC could not find suitable driver). web search gave me one that sort of worked.
    Forth reply told to use the CD driver disk that came with the dongle, I replied What Disk ??? The Numax does not even have a disk drive, Some tech support OP.!
    I gave up at this point, and bought a WiFi Bridge / extender, this works fine, (Powerline not an option as on a different circuit split by a RCD).

I only add the above line as help to others.

| Sun 22 Mar 2015 15:47:12 #87 |
  8. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

@Dawry. Unfortunately the support you received was not up to scratch. It is simple, the new dongle needs version 1.01.10 (or later) to function. With 1.01.06 (or 1.01.07: I've not heard of this version before) it won't work, so telling you to do a factory reset is wasting your time. The units should have shipped with the correct version of software but didn't. Customer support really ought to be aware of this and should be able to provide you with a software update.There is going to be an OTA update to version 1.01.13 next week which will fix the issue. It seems like it is easier for Humax to arrange an OTA update than to send a memo to their customer service representatives.

| Sun 22 Mar 2015 16:18:41 #88 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum Dawry

If you want to use the wifi dongle I can PM you a link to download version 1.01.10, but as I have pointed out previously to another member, there is an OTA planned for a later version - 1.01.13 from 2am Thurs 26 Mar.

Your call.

| Sun 22 Mar 2015 16:27:01 #89 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

humax111

I have .10 installed. Having come back to it later today the WiFi LAN setting sections were blank, but WiFi password remained. I now have the TV portal showing. It is unusable though as it simply takes forever to load. I have a very good WiFi signal in the room. The router is in the room above. What are people's experiences with WiFi vs. wired?

| Sun 22 Mar 2015 17:36:22 #90 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.