My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

FOXSAT-HDR turns itself on

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

edwina

This is the first time I have used this forum.

I have had my Freesat television recorder box for 4 years this month. Lately I notice when I get home that its turned itself on. The TV screen is turned off so that's not really a problem. Two days ago I noticed that it turned itself on at exactly 5-00pm, has anyone else experienced this, or know what is causing
    it, it seems to have a mind of its own ...

| Tue 12 May 2015 18:52:10 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi Edwina - welcome to our forum.

The Foxsat-hdr has two ways it can be set to wake up to fully on all by itself.

1 You have a daily watch reservation. Check this by pressing the schedule button the remote. Look for a entry with a blue icon with a daily repeat pattern set to start at the time your box wakes up.

2 You have set a automatic boot up start time. - Check this with Menu - Settings - Time

Look for a Power On setting matching the time your box wakes up.

Other than this the only way the box can wake up is a boot command from the infra-red remote. If the above doesn't identify the issue, cover the front of the box with a piece of cardboard to eliminate another source of infra-red.

If it still wakes up - baffled

Some of us with Foxsat-hdrs wish there was other ways of waking the box remotely (via the internet) because if this was possible we wouldn't have to use one of the above to access the box to set recordings remotely when we aren't at home

| Tue 12 May 2015 19:13:15 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

edwina

Yes! its number 2 > Time and the power on channel is set to bbc 1, should Power off read 00.00 or Disable? how do I get rid of BBc one; right arrow just brings up the Channel list. didn't even know that option existed as never gone deep into the settings.

Thanks for your help

| Tue 12 May 2015 19:22:14 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

edwina - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Yes! its number 2 > Time and the power on channel is set to bbc 1, should Power off read 00.00 or Disable? how do I get rid of BBc one; right arrow just brings up the Channel list. didn't even know that option existed as never gone deep into the settings.
    Thanks for your help

Just set it to disable. The power on channel is only relevant if a wake up time is set. You are welcome by the way. No idea how you managed to get a auto power on without actually setting one. Have you children with enquiring minds

| Tue 12 May 2015 19:33:37 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

edwina

I'm not sure either, children have left home now, and I'm in charge of the remote! although husband occasionally messes up the settings when watching match of the day if his team scores!!

Thank you so much.

| Tue 12 May 2015 19:37:47 #5 |
  6. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Or a cat that likes to knead the remote?

| Tue 12 May 2015 19:39:14 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

gomezz - 25 seconds ago  » 
    A cat that likes to knead the remote? ;D

I reckon it's the Hubby

| Tue 12 May 2015 19:40:34 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.