My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Foxsat-HDR will not delete files.

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Olly2

!8 months ago my Foxsat-HDR refused to delete one or two files. I reformatted the disc then did factory reset. All was well until last week, same problem, certain files would not delete. Again I have reformatted the disc and then factory reset. Now it will not delete any files, takes ages to boot up and refuses to record some items but not others. I have tried a second reformat and reset but problem not solved. Sound like a hardware problem??

| Sat 12 Jan 2013 11:37:53 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Think I would try the custom firmware (version 4.0.9 is the latest) and use the diskfix utility - sounds like hard disk problems.

| Sat 12 Jan 2013 12:38:22 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Olly2

Thanks I will try it...Olly2

| Sat 12 Jan 2013 16:00:29 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Olly2

Hi again. I have loaded version 4.0.9 successfully and on boot up it shows the new firmware is in use but that is as far as it will go. I have tried all ways I can think to make it reboot to no avail. Methinks the hard drive is caput?

| Sun 13 Jan 2013 17:26:47 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Firstly look in the settings - Diag > Network and note the HDR's IP address.
    Next using Windows open a command window (or run cmd.exe) and ping the IP address.
    This should confirm network connectivity.
    Now try and open a telnet session with the HDR. (You may have to enable the telnet client via the control panel > Programs and features)
    If you manage this them follow the disk-fix instructions.

| Sun 13 Jan 2013 17:36:48 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Olly2

Thanks I have written this down to try later. In the meantime I have removed the HD this morning to see if it will boot up and it does....tend to think new HD!

| Mon 14 Jan 2013 12:12:00 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Greystones

Can I add a similar query please? I have a FOXSATHDR Ref. 26408 (2009), with System ID 3768.0000, current S/W version HPRSFC1 1.00.21

Some of the files on my HDD are possibly corrupted, having a blue ikon on the RHS that looks like a torn piece of paper?, and I cannot delete them without causing a distrous chain of events! The system locks up and the media display is blank, and cannot change channel etc. So, I have to go through the rest procedure of switch off, remove aerials, and switch back on, and if successful then switch off/restore aerials/switch on (& sometimes if not successful I have to return to factory reset. It's a pain of course, so I avoid touching the files! Is there any other safe way of deleting the files in question?

| Tue 14 Oct 2014 13:22:27 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Greystones - The custom firmware provides a web interface where you can view (and delete) recordings.

| Tue 14 Oct 2014 13:38:07 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Greystones

Thanks, Repassac, for your prompt reply. Would you kindly expand your guidance for someone not as gifted as you? How do I access it and does it then tell me what to do, please?

Can I pick your brains on this too, please? A few other files are prevented from being copied to my external HDD & thus have to remain on my PVR HDD (sometimes because it failed on the first occasion, and as you know cannot be re-copied). Does the interface also allow one to do this as well?

| Tue 14 Oct 2014 15:35:01 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Greystones - 25 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks, Repassac, for your prompt reply. Would you kindly expand your guidance for someone not as gifted as you? How do I access it and does it then tell me what to do, please?
    Can I pick your brains on this too, please? A few other files are prevented from being copied to my external HDD & thus have to remain on my PVR HDD (sometimes because it failed on the first occasion, and as you know cannot be re-copied). Does the interface also allow one to do this as well?

Yes you can reset the copy once flag, or simply ftp them directly to your PC. (or map the Foxsat drive in windows and use Windows Explorer).

| Tue 14 Oct 2014 16:02:24 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.