My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

HB1000S HDD

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Robskytoon

Hi new user of Humax - wanted to use HDD with new box but wanted to be safe as there is little info in manual even less on website. Emailed support with
    Q1. Want to connect hard drive - which USB port do I use or does it not matter
    Q2. Does it matter if it's USB3.0
    Q3. Self powered or powered from USB
    No response to date so rang - eventually got support on this expensive 0844 number to be told
    Can only use USB under RG45 connection other is for Dolby only, doesn't matter if USB 3.0 and must be self powered not USB powered.
    This seems to conflict with what you guys have established - so if I plug my USB powered into box and I have a fail will my warranty invalidate or was this support just playing safe or is unit too new for product support?

Sorry if sounds like a winge but impressed with box and just wanted to use up a spare drive.

| Tue 3 Dec 2013 12:30:56 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

A1. Used both does not seem to matter, support response re dolby is nonsense.

A2. Again I have used a usb 3.0 without issue.

A3. Used both, currently on long term test with powered 3 TB HDD, but when testing USB powered drive(s) no issues detected.

Do not see that using the box as intended would affect warranty, and more to the point how are Humax going to prove otherwise.

| Tue 3 Dec 2013 13:52:07 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Robskytoon

Thanks Barry I agree with what you say when he made comment about Dolby I thought (well you can put your own comment here)and that anything he said was suspect. He wasn't aware either about slip USB cables and reckoned if I plugged both in it wouldn't work.

Quick question though box is set to auto power off - if I am looking to record a future program and box has gone off will it power back on or also if box is on and recording and it goes over 3 hours will it power off? or should I turn this off ?

| Tue 3 Dec 2013 14:39:27 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

If unit not already on, it boots to an 'active standby' state - for all intents and purposes it is on, but the video/audio output is disabled, and timers are actioned.

If on and recording, at 3 hour point it would shut down to this sctive standby state, and then full standby once timer has completed.

| Tue 3 Dec 2013 17:42:38 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Barry - 1 day ago  » 
    A3. Used both, currently on long term test with powered 3 TB HDD, but when testing USB powered drive(s) no issues detected.

Barry

Do you know which boxes in the Humax range work with a 3TB drive as it seems to be an increasingly common user requirement?

| Wed 4 Dec 2013 19:08:20 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Properties of HDD with 42% used by HB 1000S:

Attachments

1. 3TB_used.jpg (61.4 KB, 0 downloads) 10 years old
    | Sat 7 Dec 2013 13:10:49 #6 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Off topic

Martin, same HDD as above when formatted by HDR 2000T:

and can copy SD content off internal HDD, now trying HD.

Attachments

1. 3TB_HDR_2000T_formatted.jpg (51.6 KB, 0 downloads) 10 years old
    | Sat 7 Dec 2013 13:12:36 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Barry thanks. What about the earlier Humax boxes? What partition type is the external drive using (GPT or MBR)?

| Sat 7 Dec 2013 13:42:05 #8 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Check that Martin, it appears to be taking an absolute age to copy off a 45 minute HD recording. No idea re GPT or MBR.

Edit: OK it has copied off the HD recording, but it took an age, will try again and time it.

Edit 2: 18 minutes to copy 45 min HD recording to 3TB ext HDD.

| Sat 7 Dec 2013 13:46:53 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.