My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1000s Failed setup II

(31 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Do you have a second TV that you could complete installation on?

| Wed 3 Apr 2013 20:21:23 #21 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Did you try Scart as suggested earlier?

| Thu 4 Apr 2013 8:42:00 #22 |
  3. rhodri

rhodri

REPASSAC - 1 day ago  » 

Hi! Yes, I did try the scart cable and that worked! It still doesn't pick up with an HDMI cable tho... Thanks anyway.

| Fri 5 Apr 2013 18:32:01 #23 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

rhodri - 17 minutes ago  » 

REPASSAC - 1 day ago  » 

Hi! Yes, I did try the scart cable and that worked! It still doesn't pick up with an HDMI cable tho... Thanks anyway.

Have you tried a different hdmi cable ?

| Fri 5 Apr 2013 18:50:07 #24 |
  5. rhodri

rhodri

grahamlthompson - 31 minutes ago  » 

rhodri - 17 minutes ago  » 

REPASSAC - 1 day ago  » 

Have you tried a different hdmi cable ?

Yup, I did. Still no luck.

| Fri 5 Apr 2013 19:21:55 #25 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Did you try setting the HDR-1000S video output to a fixed resolution e.g. 1080i (When scart connected).
    Another suggestion - check you have the latest firmware for the TV.

| Sat 6 Apr 2013 9:10:57 #26 |
  7. rhodri

rhodri

OK, a bit of an update on this. I can get the box to work with an HDMI cable straight into my TC, but it still won't work through my Sony home theatre system, which is weird as my old Humax box works fine through that.

| Sun 7 Apr 2013 13:39:16 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Hi Rhodri,

as you've probably already worked out; it's Sony HTS and Humax combination that's failing. I think we'd all assumed the Humax was already directly connected to the TV.
    My Humax's here have awful hdmi handshaking problems with my setup which philips, sony, pace, WD, pc, netbook, etc. etc. etc. don't have. Humax has a problem with hdmi and cascading the hdmi signal through any other equipment can cause problems.

If the TV and Sony both have ARC audio return channel you may be able to get the sound fed back from the TV to the Sony, but it'd be best to study the user manuals first. Sometimes the TV will have a digital audio out which can be fed into the Sony, however quite often this only feeds back the TV's internal tuner. I'm guessing the easiest way would be to use the optical digital audio output (spdif) from the Humax and plug that into the Sony for your sound and leave the Humax hdmi plugged sirectly into the TV.
    You can buy an expensive hdmi switch or an edid/cec box of tricks that would probably get around the problem, but I think you'll find running the extra digital audio from the Humax to the Sony will be the easiest and least expensive option.

| Mon 8 Apr 2013 9:28:25 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

deltaromeo

Has Humax addressed the HDMI handshake issue anywhere? It's obvious that there are a few of us out here that are experienceing the same problems.

| Mon 8 Apr 2013 14:20:26 #29 |
  10. rhodri

rhodri

damian - 5 hours ago  » 
    Hi Rhodri,
    as you've probably already worked out; it's Sony HTS and Humax combination that's failing. I think we'd all assumed the Humax was already directly connected to the TV.
    My Humax's here have awful hdmi handshaking problems with my setup which philips, sony, pace, WD, pc, netbook, etc. etc. etc. don't have. Humax has a problem with hdmi and cascading the hdmi signal through any other equipment can cause problems.
    If the TV and Sony both have ARC audio return channel you may be able to get the sound fed back from the TV to the Sony, but it'd be best to study the user manuals first. Sometimes the TV will have a digital audio out which can be fed into the Sony, however quite often this only feeds back the TV's internal tuner. I'm guessing the easiest way would be to use the optical digital audio output (spdif) from the Humax and plug that into the Sony for your sound and leave the Humax hdmi plugged sirectly into the TV.
    You can buy an expensive hdmi switch or an edid/cec box of tricks that would probably get around the problem, but I think you'll find running the extra digital audio from the Humax to the Sony will be the easiest and least expensive option.

Thanks Damian, I'll certainly give that a go. There's nothing ion the user manual for the Sony system that helps.

| Mon 8 Apr 2013 14:32:08 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.