My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR1010S USB JPEG Files

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

pfougere

Hi Folks, I have just purchased HDR1010S. I have a problem viewing jpeg files from the USB ports via a memory stick. The system "see's" the memory stick and the jpeg files appear on the TV screen as thumbnails. However they are "greyed" out not showing a picture. They can be selected but not viewed. There is nothing in the user manual about using the USB ports for picture viewing. The files were exported to the memory stick from Apple iPhoto. The TV is an older Sony Bravia hooked to the Humax via HDMI

| Thu 25 Jul 2013 9:59:40 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I have a similar problem with viewing JPEGs from my NAS or PC using Media Share. Some JPEGs display just fine, others will not display. Nothing out of the ordinary about those that do not display, they work fine on any other device. This is just one of a number of problems I am finding with the Humax media client.

| Thu 25 Jul 2013 10:08:38 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

How large are they?

| Thu 25 Jul 2013 10:43:56 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

The average JPEG produced by my Canon DSLR is around 4Meg. However, size does not explain some displaying and others not, as they are all approx the same size.

| Thu 25 Jul 2013 11:38:58 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I had the same on the foxsat (from mixed sources) I found that a edit (no changes) and save with one of the windows editors got it to display. Very strange.

| Thu 25 Jul 2013 14:32:46 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

d4005

It's probably the progressive JPEG files that are the issue. I encountered some program or site that wouldn't accept my JPEG files (nothing to do with Humax) if they were saved with the progressive option ticked. So I resaved without progressive and the program/site accepted them just fine.

Just a guess, this might be the issue.

| Thu 25 Jul 2013 20:27:06 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Not in my case, I have no progressive JPEGs.

| Thu 25 Jul 2013 21:59:40 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

d4005

Pollensa1946 - 38 minutes ago  » 
    Not in my case, I have no progressive JPEGs.

Weird. I also missed where you said this "some displaying and others not, as they are all approx the same size". The fact that they're all coming from the same source makes it weirdest of all.

| Thu 25 Jul 2013 22:39:36 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I do think this issue is linked to (a) the original equipment that formatted the file and (b) the formatting itself.

Example - I have recently had a similar issue with my Panasonic HW120 not playing some MP4 files whilst it will play others. On the face of it the files were all the same but many were from different sources. I took all the files and converted them to m4v files using Handbrake - this is what Apple uses for iTunes and is very similar to MP4. Once converted the Panasonic played every file without issue. Conversely the Humax 1000s played all the files in their original MP4 format regardless.

I think you just have to play around with the formatting - a pain but maybe worth the effort.

| Sun 28 Jul 2013 11:53:16 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.