My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

HUMAX PVR 91501

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

digcot65

When I am recording 2 programs at the same time,I am unable to watch some other channels.A message "unavailable during recording "appears.Also some times when I record a program the recording end a few minutes early,so I miss the ending

| Sun 4 Mar 2012 10:07:15 #1 |
  2. FenderBender

FenderBender

administrator

Welcome to our forums!

The 9150 is a twin tuner model. That means it can receive 2 'multiplexes' at once, allowing picture-in-picture, to record two programmes at once or watch one and record another.

A 'multiplex' is a single digital transmission channel that can carry several individual TV or radio programmes at once. E.g. there is a multiplex that carries most of the BBC channels. If you are recording two programmes you will be able to watch a third, but only if that programme is on the same multiplex as either of the recording programmes.

There are 5 standard definition freeview multiplexes, and these carry all SD TV and radio transmissions for Freeview. See our FAQ thread here for more information.

With regard to your second question, are you using accurate recording, or do you have the 'start early' and 'end late' times set?

| Sun 4 Mar 2012 10:17:34 #2 |
  3. gomezz

gomezz

special member

FenderBender - 45 minutes ago  » If you are recording two programmes you will be able to watch a third, but only if that programme is on the same multiplex as either of the recording programmes.

But if the the two recordings are on the same multiplex then the second tuner is available to watch any other channel.

| Sun 4 Mar 2012 11:03:51 #3 |
  4. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

gomezz - 9 hours ago  » 

FenderBender - 45 minutes ago  » If you are recording two programmes you will be able to watch a third, but only if that programme is on the same multiplex as either of the recording programmes.

But if the the two recordings are on the same multiplex then the second tuner is available to watch any other channel.

Which is explained in the FAQ item referred to in FB's post

| Sun 4 Mar 2012 20:25:21 #4 |
  5. gomezz

gomezz

special member

As is all else in FB's post.

| Sun 4 Mar 2012 22:19:02 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.