My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Humax TV Portal

(89 posts)
  1. chrisdaniels

chrisdaniels

special member

The problem is that a lot of the apps are poor, because apart from catch up players, they don't know what to build and they also have to appeal to all ages. Hence things like "Keep fit" apps.

What Humax need to do is keep apps simple but that perform expertly, time after time.
    The limitations of the slow CPU in the current hardware doesn't help when you start to throw a lot of javascript at it, but do some of the apps need so much javascript? or could it be improved?

If they kept it simple like the upcoming Metro app that does what you want and loads quite quick, then it would be better.

Video is also easy to build into apps, but the implimentation is often poor (like the clunky YouTube app). The upcoming italian iVid app is a good example of this. The game trailer videos are quite good too, albeit if they are in italian lol. More like this please. And also pester ITV, CH4, CH5 & SKY for their (official) catch up players.

| Thu 28 Jun 2012 14:30:49 #51 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

LokiUK - 4 hours ago  » 
    Martin, I'm not sure why you're being so defensive towards what is a perfectly reasonable assumption based both on the technology they implemented, and years of working in software development.

Because I don't think it is a reasonable assumption. For what little it matters I have been developing software for 45 years and running my own business for more than 30 years. My prediction is that there may be a few more apps of little value to most people and perhaps Sky player but I doubt we will see the other players that would be of some value to the majority.

| Thu 28 Jun 2012 16:24:03 #52 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

hpszi

I agree with Martin. I bought this box mainly for its network ability and HDMI output. After a week struggling of having picture on my 1920x1200 PC monitor, I was amazed of the picture quality but shocked to see the "user interface" and very limited ability to play online sources Youtube and iPlayer is just not enough, IPTV would be the minimum. Unfortunately, after the last update (.28) the Internet Radio just simply restarts the HD-Fox

| Thu 28 Jun 2012 22:09:16 #53 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bob

hpszi - 1 week ago  » 
    I agree with Martin. I bought this box mainly for its network ability and HDMI output. After a week struggling of having picture on my 1920x1200 PC monitor, I was amazed of the picture quality but shocked to see the "user interface" and very limited ability to play online sources Youtube and iPlayer is just not enough, IPTV would be the minimum. Unfortunately, after the last update (.28) the Internet Radio just simply restarts the HD-Fox

Humax are working on the internet radio now.

| Fri 6 Jul 2012 15:55:22 #54 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gingerpops

Hello everyone, I am a new member and reading some of the blogs I can see I am not alone in my disappointment with the portal. When i bought the humax i expected at the very least to have access to iPlayers (plural). The fact that on the box it advertised Skyplayer was also not true, I understand it is now Skygo and humax is not supported. I have connected up and used the BBC iPlayer; only to find it is different from the one on my computer and I cannot get subtitles, which my wife needs, why is it a different layout. My original reason for changing from the 9300PVR was for the HD tv and the thought that I might be able to watch a selected sky channel instead of buying a new smart tv because our tv is a good expensive model. I don't use facebook or flickr and i already have access to a dictionary. Humax tell me they are still negotiating with sky, why is there no ITV, channel 4/5 players.This is 2012 and I notice most of the blogs are a year old,I would have expected humax to have moved a little futher than this. Doesn't do what it says on the tin!

| Sat 7 Jul 2012 8:37:35 #55 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bob

Gingerpops - 9 minutes ago  » 
    Hello everyone, I am a new member and reading some of the blogs I can see I am not alone in my disappointment with the portal. When i bought the humax i expected at the very least to have access to iPlayers (plural). The fact that on the box it advertised Skyplayer was also not true, I understand it is now Skygo and humax is not supported. I have connected up and used the BBC iPlayer; only to find it is different from the one on my computer and I cannot get subtitles, which my wife needs, why is it a different layout. My original reason for changing from the 9300PVR was for the HD tv and the thought that I might be able to watch a selected sky channel instead of buying a new smart tv because our tv is a good expensive model. I don't use facebook or flickr and i already have access to a dictionary. Humax tell me they are still negotiating with sky, why is there no ITV, channel 4/5 players.This is 2012 and I notice most of the blogs are a year old,I would have expected humax to have moved a little futher than this. Doesn't do what it says on the tin!

Watch a Sky channel without paying Murdoch?

| Sat 7 Jul 2012 8:47:15 #56 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

hpszi

How does the Humax TV Portal work?
    Does my HD-Fox box goes to a Humax server which provide user interface and data to my box or my box goes to the internet e.g. to BBC iPlayer or Youtube and gets the data (streaming) from there and puts it in its own user interface?
    Thank you for any reply which makes it clearer for me

| Sun 8 Jul 2012 21:40:45 #57 |
  8. chrisdaniels

chrisdaniels

special member

Bit of both.. iPlayer is entirely hosted by the bbc whereas YouTube is an app hosted by humax, but pulls the videos from YouTube.

| Sun 8 Jul 2012 23:53:39 #58 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

hpszi

Thank you,
    I am just wondering if it is possible to write apps to HD-Fox T2 that work like on the laptop pulling everything from its original place, e.g. IPTVs, Internet radios, etc. addition to Humax Portal.

| Mon 9 Jul 2012 21:55:08 #59 |
  10. ezra pound

ezra pound

special member

The Humax goes to a Humax server page where all TV Portal content is accesed from, you can see a P.C. version HERE

| Wed 11 Jul 2012 13:14:59 #60 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.