My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Logitech Harmony remote - 2 Humax boxes

(21 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

soverson - 4 hours ago  » 
    The power on signal from the HDR2000 remote activates the Youview as well,

Two thoughts, can you power on the hdr2000 with another button such as '0' instead
    Also, what happens if you disconnect the hdmi lead from the dbt2200, wait the 10mins or so for it to go into deep sleep and then power up the hdr2000 - does the dbt2200 still power up, in which case it has to be the remote command or does it stay in deep sleep which would mean a hdmi signal from the hdr2000/tv waking it up.

p.s. good write up in post #7, maybe a moderator could find a place for it in the FAQ's

| Mon 30 Mar 2015 2:36:12 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

soverson

Thanks for the suggestions. I've tried the 2 tests and results were as follows (both using the original HDR2000 remote to rule out any programming errors on the Harmony):
    1. Pressing zero wakes up the HDR but did not wake the T2200;
    2. Disconnecting the T2200 HDMI lead then powering on the HDR did wake the T2200 as well

The conclusion is that the power on command from a deep sleep for the T2200 must somehow be universal and activated irrespective of the frequency channel programmed into the Humax remote.
    So for the time being at least, I am running the T2200 in low Eco mode.

Re. the steps listed in the earlier post, I have since discovered that some of the keys did need to be re-programmed after changing the device version, so it was quicker to delete the original HDR from the device list then set it up again from scratch, having made a note beforehand of the desired screen layout etc.

Thanks for input so far.....

| Mon 30 Mar 2015 19:53:42 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

dada25

I am new to this forum and have been searching for a solution for the exact same problem you highlight. I too, have had to leave my basic BT YouView box in low eco mode (purple light) because my Fox HDR T2 remote clashes with the YouView box and this is the only way I can stop both units launching at the same time. I have tried to change my T2's code through 2-6 without any joy. Big pain as I wanted the YouView box in high eco mode to save on standby power, also this unit stays quite warm in the low setting, not good. Surely the engineers at Humax could make a software update for this problem, or am I wishing on a star?

| Wed 9 Dec 2015 23:50:21 #13 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

What problem do you encounter when trying to change the T2 remote code?

| Thu 10 Dec 2015 0:01:27 #14 |
  5. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

@dada25: the procedure to change the HDR-FOX remote code (unit and handset) is here. It has always worked for me. If the onscreen message indicates that the code has been changed then it should have worked.

| Thu 10 Dec 2015 4:19:50 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

dada25 - 9 hours ago  » 
    I have tried to change my T2's code through 2-6 without any joy.

Are you saying that you tried codes 2-6 with your T2 and that the situation with the Youview box persisted for all codes?
    That's how I read it but I think Barry and MontesEvilTwin put the emphasis on "tried to change".

| Thu 10 Dec 2015 9:10:55 #16 |
  7. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

I have HDR-FOX and a DTR-T1000 together without any problems. The DTR-T1000 uses the standard Humax 'mode 1' remote codes: I changed the HDR-FOX to 'mode 2'. I don't use the YouView box a lot so I leave it in high eco mode (takes about 3 minutes to boot up) and the HDR-FOX remote has never woken the YouView box. I don't know if the later models of YouView box are different but I don't know why they would make the later boxes respond to commands from different codesets. I also don't understand how the YouView box would wake up in response to the HDR-FOX remote control when in high eco mode but not in low eco mode. Is there another factor in play? Does the BT YouView box (model?) Support HDMI-CEC, and is it responding to a signal passed through the HDMI cable?

| Thu 10 Dec 2015 11:44:51 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

dada25

Hi, thanks to you all for your replies. I basically have the same problem as outlined by Soverson in #10. I have no problem changing the codes on the HDR it's just that each time I fire up the HDR the Yourview box starts up as well (if it set to high eco mode) regardless of what remote code I have entered for the HDR so I have had to leave it in low eco mode as that's the only way it doesn't start up with the HDR when they are both from standby mode, also the 'intelligent'(???) link control on my Panasonic TV always goes to the Yourview box HDMI input first for some reason, perhaps I should change the order of my inputs on the TV? Could it be that my Yourview box (model DB-T2200/BT/DF) as supplied to me by BT in July simply fires up on any remote code? It is, I understand a fairly basic model with no record facility. MontysEvilTwin asked if my Youview box supports HDMI-CEC. I don't know what that is, sorry. My youview box came with a very simply instruction booklet with no technical information whatsoever. Obviously I have an HDMI cable plugged into the back of the Youview box which goes directly to the HDMI4 input (one of 4 separate HDMI inputs) on my Panasonic TV TX-L37D28, that's all I can say really. It's not a big problem, I can manage it, it's annoying when things don't work as they should or could. Anyway, when I get around to geting another TV for the dining room I may well move the yourview box to there so I can watch the footy in peace, sorted, unless my HDR remote is very good through a couple of walls. Thanks to all for your time.

| Tue 15 Dec 2015 13:41:49 #18 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Viera-link is what Panasonic call HDMI-CEC.
    Try turning it off on the TV.

| Tue 15 Dec 2015 14:34:49 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

dada25

Thank you for your suggestion. I will give it a try.

| Tue 15 Dec 2015 16:23:22 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.