My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Lost BBC One LONDON and ITV (SD) channels ??

(33 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Priyp - 3 hours ago  » 
    Graham, thank you once more. I think it is Quad lnb but not 100% sure. We moved into a new build house 11 months ago. It had the skydish already installed. Hopefully the lnb I remove will have some markings on to help me identify type? Will try in next couple of weeks and let you know result. Cheers

Just have a squint at the bottom to see the number of holes. If you have two feeds it has to be quad (almost certain to be a quad) or octo (8 outputs) lnb (They don't make twins for Sky dishes).

Any quad lnb designed for a sky dish will fit although if it's not a new dish you may need a legacy adaptor. There's loads on e-bay.

| Sun 1 Feb 2015 17:47:56 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Priyp

Appreciated ... have photographed (with a v.long lens) the LNB. It is a SKY J4LS quad ... ordered one from eBay just an hour ago. But will have to get the ladder out to fit it

| Sun 1 Feb 2015 18:40:48 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Priyp

So ... here's the thing. LNB arrived in post today. I switched off mains power to gadget in cupboard that receives the inputs from the dish and distributes them around the house (to 4 separate faceplates). Got out my ladder, only to realise it is not tall enough for me to get to the dish Put ladder back in shed, switched mains power back on to gadget in cupboard and hey, guess what ?? My lost channels are back How on earth did that happen ?? I wonder how long they will stay for ?? Will keep you posted Graham. BRgds

| Thu 5 Feb 2015 18:28:04 #23 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Priyp - 5 minutes ago  » 
    So ... here's the thing. LNB arrived in post today. I switched off mains power to gadget in cupboard that receives the inputs from the dish and distributes them around the house (to 4 separate faceplates). Got out my ladder, only to realise it is not tall enough for me to get to the dish Put ladder back in shed, switched mains power back on to gadget in cupboard and hey, guess what ?? My lost channels are back How on earth did that happen ?? I wonder how long they will stay for ?? Will keep you posted Graham. BRgds

How many separate satellite outputs do you have in total ? Any chance of a photo of the gadget ?

| Thu 5 Feb 2015 18:35:44 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Priyp

I shall try to upload picture. If successful, there are 2 more inputs on left not shown. Rx7 and Rx8

| Thu 5 Feb 2015 19:31:00 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Priyp

Image denied ... let me try to make smaller

| Thu 5 Feb 2015 19:32:08 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Priyp

Try this

Attachments

1. image.jpg (99.2 KB, 6 downloads) 9 years old
    | Thu 5 Feb 2015 19:37:02 #27 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

It's a satellite multiswitch and it can feed up to 8 outlets from a lnb with only 4 outputs. They normally require a special Quattro lnb but yours will also work with a standard quad.

http://www.tradeworks.tv/acatalog/OPTIMA-Multiswitches.pdf

Powering it will have rebooted it's cpu.

| Thu 5 Feb 2015 19:48:00 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Priyp

Ok. Thks for that. Any reason why switching off, then on again will restore lost channels?

| Thu 5 Feb 2015 19:50:00 #29 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Priyp - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Ok. Thks for that. Any reason why switching off, then on again will restore lost channels?

See my edit.

| Thu 5 Feb 2015 19:52:43 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.