My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

my hdr fox t2 keeps "clicking"

(54 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anderoo

Thanks everyone for your help. Will be phoning richer sounds to "advise" them of the situation (presumably they got charged for fitting a new hdd??!!!) Will see what the customer service desk has to say and give the link to this thread so they can read it for themselves! Many thanks to you all As for the telnet....a bit beyond me with my limited computer know how....managing to get the ip address bit was problematic enough!! Lol

| Sun 14 Sep 2014 20:57:05 #41 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Anderoo - 24 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks everyone for your help. Will be phoning richer sounds to "advise" them of the situation (presumably they got charged for fitting a new hdd??!!!)

Fifteen thousand power on hours is getting on for two years if the box was on continuously and more like four to five years of typical eight hours a day usage; they definitely didn't fit a new hard drive. The other data doesn't look too bad and the drive might be recoverable for now but in your situation I would press for the new hard drive that you were lead to believe had been fitted.

| Sun 14 Sep 2014 21:26:55 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anderoo

Yeah the box was on a lot as my tv does not have full hd tuner and the picture/sound is much better on hd channels. Will be phoning them and letting them know what the situation is!

| Mon 15 Sep 2014 1:15:38 #43 |
  4. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

I would imagine that Richer would be interested. Your hard drive has clearly not been replaced: the smart data is pretty compelling. If their service agent has charged them for a hard disk replacement they have not done, the agent is effectively defrauding Richer.

| Mon 15 Sep 2014 12:25:16 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anderoo

Thats what I was thinking. The job sheet clearly states replaced hdd and updated software (they put the custom firmware on it but without the web interface...or got rid of that after they had "repaired" it.) I think the boss would like to know about this so will be phoning and writing with a copy of the job sheet so he can see for himself. Will take the box back and make sure to let them know that they can check for themselves that the work hasnt been done by using the web interface etc. Will post on here as and when stuff happens. Thanks again everyone, you helped me a great deal and i learned some useful stuff..which is probably why I asked so many questions!

| Mon 15 Sep 2014 23:46:38 #45 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anderoo

Oh...here's a screenshot of just how mental my hdd was being...how many Gb??!!!!

| Mon 15 Sep 2014 23:48:49 #46 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anderoo

Oh...here's a screenshot of just how mental my hdd was being...how many Gb??!!!!

| Mon 15 Sep 2014 23:49:45 #47 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anderoo

I think that file was too large! 1.7Mb if u wanna see it..i could pm to whoever wants to see it...provided its not too big to pm!

| Mon 15 Sep 2014 23:51:12 #48 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Anderoo - 7 hours ago  » 
    I think that file was too large! 1.7Mb if u wanna see it..i could pm to whoever wants to see it...provided its not too big to pm!

THe PM limit is the same as the posting limit. To upload it you will need to compress or resize it down to 100k or less.

Allowed uploads: gif, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, txt, zip, pl, mp4 (max 0.1 MB)

| Tue 16 Sep 2014 7:48:50 #49 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Anderoo - 8 hours ago  » The job sheet clearly states replaced hdd and updated software (they put the custom firmware on it but without the web interface...or got rid of that after they had "repaired" it.)

Installing the web-if on a HD-FOX T2 requires that an external drive is attached. I presume that then removing the external drive would have an effect!

| Tue 16 Sep 2014 8:37:46 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.