My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Needed in next update

(41 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

d4005

Some features I'd quite like:

An option "Ask to delete after playing a recording? Yes/No". When you have this option enabled, as you reach the end of the recording, or you press "exit" with only a couple of minutes left, you get prompted "Delete now? Yes [preselected] or No".

Audio "compressor" option (in the sound studio sense of the word, not the file compression sense). You press a button and the Humax starts monitoring the audio level for let's say 10 seconds, and that's then set as the average volume. Then if anything happens during the rest of the playback of that recording, the volume gets capped (compressed) to a maximum volume level based on that average. Background for this request: the obvious one is to stop adverts blasting out at you (they're always at a higher volume than the programs), and another one I've found is that I'll set my volume based on talking in a show, and then some time later the characters might go into a club or something and the volume of the show doubles and I'm reaching for the remote to turn it down, then they'll leave and I'm reaching for it again to turn it up. I'd quite like such an option on my TV ideally but I don't have it and Sony aren't exactly listening in on forums and responding to suggestions. Maybe Humax are Doesn't hurt to ask.

Illuminated remotes? I had one for my TiVo back in the day. I'm still in the getting used to it phase and find myself holding up the remote angling it so it gets enough light so I can find the button I want. I know it's up on the right but is it the second or third one down. Hey, this thread is here for asking for things you want, why not...

Remote record requests. I'm sure someone already asked. I had an app on Android that let me trigger requests on my Sky box. I'd quite like such a thing on here too. It could be something as simple as being able to send an email to a special humax email address with the subject being something like: "<myboxid channel start-time end-time"> (e.g. "1234567890 101 19:00 19:30 Recurring=M-F"). Someone can easily knock up some mobile apps to support making that easy.

Netflix app. Is this in development? In negotiations? Or not even being considered?

| Fri 12 Jul 2013 22:46:30 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

rmwd

I'd quite like for them to fix the Hdmi problems that they have created in the June update between the Humax box and certain TV's (mine included)
    Also to get the Channel 5 demand TV at last.

| Sun 14 Jul 2013 9:44:26 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

docianc

I find the remote control a bit frustrating as it is inconsistent.

When in the guide, operating the circular navigator or the elongated button marked "P" moves you in the same direction - in each case the up arrow moves the channel upwards, from say 109 to 108, and vice versa.

However, if you are watching a programme and want to move to the next channel, the "P" button then moves things in the opposite direction - the up arrow moving from 109 to 110 etc.

| Fri 2 Aug 2013 9:03:46 #33 |
  4. launton

launton

Can we please have something like this?

| Sat 10 Aug 2013 10:18:13 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

souporjuice

launton: YES! we need these shortcuts everywhere, they'd be brilliant in the TV guide for instance, press blue for favourites...

| Sat 10 Aug 2013 12:20:45 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

d4005

launton - 4 hours ago  » 
    Can we please have something like this?

Can we take suggestions from someone that records Big Brother seriously?

Just kidding. I thought several times about coming here to suggest that but never got around to it. The four colour buttons are massively unused, and I find it annoying how many keypresses are needed to delete a programme.

| Sat 10 Aug 2013 14:42:22 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

d4005

Some things that have annoyed me recently about my Humax.

I often like to leave my Humax set to BBC3 or 4 so that if I switch it on to set a recording (before 7pm), I'm not bothered by whatever is currently live on TV. Leaving it on 3 or 4 helps. The trouble is that the DOG message "this channel is either scrambled or broken" (paraphrased a bit) never goes away. It overlays all the menus too. Gimme that for 3 seconds, that's enough.

Unrelated, the message at the bottom of the screen that is displayed after you click play (after having paused) takes far too long to disappear. Give us a config option for how long we'd like it to stay on screen. It's especially annoying if there are subtitles at the bottom because for 5 seconds you can't read them. I find I have to go back 15 seconds so that the message has gone away by the time I need to read them again.

Very often (!!!!) when I "exit" a recorded programme, instead of going back into the recordings list in the same position I was when I clicked play (or OK) to start watching the programme, it's at the top of the list. So if I have recorded programs A, B, C, D, E and I move the highlight to programme "C" and play it, when I exit that programme, I expect "C" to be the highlighted one (making it quicker to delete), but instead I'm very often back at the top of the list, on "A". WTF? How does that happen?

Similarly, if I have programmes A, B, C, D, E in a recordings view and I move down to "C" to delete it, when I come back to recordings I would expect to now be on (highlighting) programme D (although I would accept B also), but no, I'm on "A". This isn't such a hardship with only 5 programmes but with many more, it's much more annoying.

Summary - there are way too many keypresses needed to get anything done, even when things go as they should. With that annoying "jumping back to the top of lists" it's even worse.

| Sat 10 Aug 2013 14:50:38 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

d4005

Well thanks a f*$#@%ing lot Humax. That's twice now I've had multiple episodes from a series record and deleted the wrong one. Due to the fact that when you exit watching one episode it doesn't take you back to the place where that episode was highlighted, which is the only logical thing to do in my opinion.

So I just finished watching one episode of Dara O'Briains science club, exited the programme and deleted. Only to find I deleted the wrong one.

You really have to keep a damn eagle eye on this thing while you're pressing dozens of keys to get where you need to go.

Seriously, I would not recommend a Humax if anyone asked me what Freesat box to get. I was initially impressed with it, but since I've been using it, I'm wishing I still had my Sky+ HD box and subscription. You press about one third the number of keys to do anything and all the things that happen are what you expect.

| Sat 10 Aug 2013 18:26:33 #38 |
  9. launton

launton

Can we take suggestions from someone that records Big Brother seriously?

I don't live alone

Well thanks a f*$#@%ing lot Humax.

There does seem to be a need for a rescue/undelete option or at the very least a confirmation prompt.

| Sat 10 Aug 2013 18:32:30 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

deej78

We need to be able to series link something that's already started.

| Mon 12 Aug 2013 8:58:51 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.