My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

New 2000T - problems coming out of standby

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ernie

An update:
    Downloaded and installed the updated firmware.
    Turned it on one time during and recording no problem, great!
    No!!
    I was out earlier and my son turned the box on during a recording and had no joy. So he did what he had seen me do and turned on the blu-ray player (not that I had done that), gave a few seconds and turned it off again. Tried the humax again and it came on no problem, recording was still going and finished fine.

Both blu-ray and humax are on HDMI leads slots 3 and 1 respectively. Maybe this work around will work for some and maybe it will give a clue as to what's happening.

| Mon 24 Nov 2014 2:58:44 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ernie

here we go again!!
    Box has not been on since the am. A whole bunch of recordings scheduled for tonight back to back.
    My wife tried turning it on whilst the recordings were ongoing and it failed to start.
    I went through a number of different attempts to work around it and finally got it on. However there was no audio and short of pulling the mains I could find no way of getting it on. I don't want to pull the plug as this will mess up the recordings in process.

Short of any actual solution I personally do not believe it is acceptable to have such basic issues and will probably return it.
    I had a 9200T for years and had the odd lock up that needed a mains reset, but it was so irregular it was not an issue.
    Any of you guys with a Fox ever have this issue? I think I might see if I can dig one out.

EDIT TO ADD
    All recordings stopped. Put the box in standby and counted to 10 (slowly, again...) and turned it back on again and it's working ok.
    Reading other threads:
    I've checked the sound it was on multi-channel, changed that to stereo.
    The Bravia CEC control was on, I've turned that off.
    I have a signal sender connected via scart and it occurred to me (after the fact) to check the tv in the kitchen. My thoughts being if that has picture and sound while the main tv doesn't then it would identify it as an hdmi issue, if not then it's a box issue. A quick browse shows new foxs as a pretty rare thing now which is a pity. The other option is a DTR, but I like the wifi option due to lack of sockets, cables etc. All a pain really cos I thought the 9200t was a great box and hoped this would be a step forward not back.

| Mon 24 Nov 2014 22:51:15 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Ernie - 10 hours ago  » 

Have you tried, or seen a report of any one else trying, toggling that setting when the faut appears, instead of turning the power off and back on again?
    I'd try it myself but I have great difficulty getting this fault to appear on my HDR-2000T.

| Tue 25 Nov 2014 9:54:04 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ernie

Luke - 4 hours ago  » 

Ernie - 10 hours ago  » 

Have you tried, or seen a report of any one else trying, toggling that setting when the faut appears, instead of turning the power off and back on again?

Thanks Luke.
    I did try toggling it during the issue to no effect.
    I have changed the setting to stereo (I have no extra speakers other than those in the TV). I read about people with sound issues to try this here. Thought it might be worth a try.

Luke - 4 hours ago  » 
    I'd try it myself but I have great difficulty getting this fault to appear on my HDR-2000T.

Which is a bit concerning Not that I want you to have the same issues, but that you and others are not suggests it may be an issue with my box/set up rather than a general issue.

TV - Sony Bravia
    Box connected to HDMI 1
    PS3 connected to HDMI 3
    Sony Blu-Ray connected to HDMI 4
    Wii connected to via SCART
    Signal sender connected to box via SCART
    Humax wifi dongle for internet/ftp connectivity.

We'll see what happens...misses ernie has eastenders and holby and I'm a celebrity set to record tonight (and wonders why I use my laptop most of the night!) so may be a good chance of a fail again.

| Tue 25 Nov 2014 15:01:16 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

colirv

Is your Blu-Ray an amp as well? If so an optical cable from Humax to that (or even, as in my case, TV to that) might help.

| Tue 25 Nov 2014 17:18:19 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Ernie - 4 hours ago  » 

Luke - 4 hours ago  » 

Which is a bit concerning Not that I want you to have the same issues, but that you and others are not suggests it may be an issue with my box/set up rather than a general issue.

I have had it but can not repeat it.

| Tue 25 Nov 2014 19:26:56 #16 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.