My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

New Buyer - do both outputs work together?

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JonHeath

Hi all,

I’m looking at getting the HB-1000S for my in laws. Currently they have a SKY box.

My main question is around piping the output signal around the house. At the moment I use the RF/Coax out on the SKY box to send the signal to their kitchen/bedroom TV’s.

I see that the HB-1000S has Composite out and HDMI out. I was thinking of buying a modulator to transform the Composite out into a Coax out, so that signal can still be piped around the house. I was then going to use the HDMI for the local TV. I wanted to check that this plan was feasible and most importantly that the HB-1000S outputs a dual signal (i.e. both outputs can be used at the same time?).

Cheers
    Jon

| Mon 31 Mar 2014 8:28:21 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum. I don't have a HB-1000s but all previous Humax pvrs (including the HDR1000s) output from all the available outputs at the same time.

| Mon 31 Mar 2014 9:45:20 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JonHeath

Thanks for the response, all good then.

Can anyone recommend a Modulator that takes composite, rather than just scart?

Thanks
    Jon

| Mon 31 Mar 2014 20:37:09 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JonHeath - 16 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for the response, all good then.
    Can anyone recommend a Modulator that takes composite, rather than just scart?
    Thanks
    Jon

All modulators use composite. All you need is a scart adaptor.

eg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SCART-To-3-RCA-Composite-Phono-SVHS-S-Video-Adaptor-In-Out-Switch-GOLD-/351024723130?pt=UK_Computing_Sound_Vision_Video_Cables_Adapters&hash=item51bab434ba

| Mon 31 Mar 2014 20:55:56 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JonHeath

What I meant was a modulator that allows Composite to be plugged straight into it.

e.g.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PROGRAMMABLE-UNIVERSAL-SCART-AERIAL-TV-VIDEO-MODULATOR-/191117742973?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Other&hash=item2c7f81537d

Using an adaptor such as the one you've linked to is a decent idea though, as it means I can buy any modulator, so opens up the options.

| Mon 31 Mar 2014 21:39:25 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JonHeath - 9 minutes ago  » 
    What I meant was a modulator that allows Composite to be plugged straight into it.
    e.g.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PROGRAMMABLE-UNIVERSAL-SCART-AERIAL-TV-VIDEO-MODULATOR-/191117742973?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Other&hash=item2c7f81537d
    Using an adaptor such as the one you've linked to is a decent idea though, as it means I can buy any modulator, so opens up the options.

Connecting by a scart lead is directly connecting composite video. A scart lead has composite video in and out and stereo audio in and out. A modulator just uses the 3 connections CVBS in Analogue Audio In Right and Left and ignores the others.

Pins 2 6 and 20

I think what you are asking for is a modulator with RCA Phono connectors as well as scart.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RF-Converter-RF-Modulator-Connect-SCART-or-Phono-Video-Signals-2-RF-Coaxial-TV-/110890571539?pt=UK_CCTV&hash=item19d197d713

| Mon 31 Mar 2014 21:53:29 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JonHeath

Yes that's right. As the HB-1000s only has RCA out, (as well as HDMI out), I was thinking of just connecting the RCA out on the HB-1000s directly to the modulator's RCA in, rather than using a scart adaptor (and therefore using the scart port on the modulator).

| Mon 31 Mar 2014 22:04:46 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JonHeath - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Yes that's right. As the HB-1000s only has RCA out, (as well as HDMI out), I was thinking of just connecting the RCA out on the HB-1000s directly to the modulator's RCA in, rather than using a scart adaptor (and therefore using the scart port on the modulator).

End result is exactly the same, whichever socket you use to provide the video and audio feed to the modulator.

| Mon 31 Mar 2014 22:14:33 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.