My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

New software version 1.01.13 OTA Date

(34 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

frank123 - 1 hour ago  » 
    I've been looking through some of the forum topics and it seems that I can get loopthru on my box by going through settings and switching off the standby power saver setting. Is this correct?

Yes that is correct.

frank123 - 1 hour ago  » 
    there's nothing about this in the instruction book.

Possibly. It depends which version of the instruction book you have. Antenna Out loop-through enabling is in the latest version which covers the 1800T as well.

| Thu 26 Mar 2015 19:03:42 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

fedman1

special member

Barry - 2 hours ago  » 
    Welcome to our Forum
    If by RF problem you mean loopthru, that was fixed in version 1.01.06.

Barry,
    Has the loopthrough problem to earlier 2000T's been sorted via OTA updates yet, or just via downloads?

| Thu 26 Mar 2015 19:31:31 #22 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

The loopthru problem was fixed in version 1.01.06 which was available for usb or IP updating, all subsequent versions will obviously include it.

The latest version 1.01.13 besides being made available for usb and IP updating is also OTA at this time.

| Thu 26 Mar 2015 19:50:48 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

fedman1

special member

Barry - 15 hours ago  » 
    The loopthru problem was fixed in version 1.01.06 which was available for usb or IP updating, all subsequent versions will obviously include it.
    The latest version 1.01.13 besides being made available for usb and IP updating is also OTA at this time.

Barry,
    Many thanks for your reply and update.

| Fri 27 Mar 2015 10:57:29 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chris547

Different people seem to be having different issues when upgrading the software. I have just bought an HDR1800T on E-bay for £50 which had apparently been a display model. The software was 1.04 / 1.00.27

I don't have it connected to my BT router yet as it means a 20m ethernet cable so I must go and order one and have a major upheaval in the house. My question is why did the HDR 1800 not update itself OTA?

Using the knowledge gained on "MyHumax" I formatted a 1GB memory stick (used FAT32) and from the Humax web site downloaded the new software and the all important instructions. Then the fun began of lying on the floor scrabbling about under the TV trying to interrupt the booting procedure by unplugging the power and tapping the down channel button on the facia. This button works by "touch" no movement or clicks to give feedback so it's kind of odd. Like on any computer interrupting the boot sequence can be tricky however after say 6 tries and getting my wife to do the plugging/unplugging of the power supply we finally managed it.

The reading process has good "on screen" info took approximately 1 minute to complete. Then you switch the Humax off to standby and then back on and it takes several minutes to complete the file replacements and then re-load the new files.

The USB update process is really for those with experience of computers and I have no idea why the OTA update never happened.

I am busy now with a recording testing schedule using various channels as prior to the update the unit did not seem to record from Ch101 although it did from Ch102.

Since the software update the Humax has started to record from Ch101 so I am hoping the fresh software has fixed this issue.

What do I think of the change from my old PVR 9300T? Yes it's a big forward step in sound and vision quality and colour richness partly due to the change from upscaling to true HD and partly due to the skill of the Humax designers. I could see the Malaysian Grand Prix with amazing clarity so a big improvement in action video. I never realised that the Mercedes cars were metallic silver as they used to just look grey before.

The Humax tuner output seems much more detailed than the TV's tuner and using a dolby amp and hifi speakers the Humax out delivers very good sound as well.The folder system to organise recordings is a boon.

Humax menus and remote control are still as precise and easy to use and far better than that on a Talk Talk HD box (in my sister's house) The TT system interface does my head in however it gives a good image on the screen

I am a difficult to please person however I would say so far well done Humax and I am pleased I stayed loyal even if these boxes can have so many foibles!

Chris

| Sun 29 Mar 2015 16:14:26 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

rasthem

I'm pleased to report that my HDR 1800T updated to this new software OTA. I became aware of the available update via this page and anticipated problems after reading the above reports.
    I checked the System Information on my unit and found it had already updated and appears to work without any problems.

R.

| Mon 30 Mar 2015 10:43:00 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

losimagic

Our 2000T received this update and since then, the pause/recording facilities break after a while. After the box has been on for a while, when pause/rewind etc is pressed, a grey circle with a line through it appears and the broadcast isn't paused or rewound. Pressing the media button does nothing either. The only way I've found to fix this is to switch the box off and on again.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way I can report this to Humax?

Also, can I go back to the previous firmware where this wasn't a problem?

Many thanks

| Mon 30 Mar 2015 14:19:37 #27 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

losimagic - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Our 2000T received this update and since then, the pause/recording facilities break after a while. After the box has been on for a while, when pause/rewind etc is pressed, a grey circle with a line through it appears and the broadcast isn't paused or rewound. Pressing the media button does nothing either. The only way I've found to fix this is to switch the box off and on again.
    Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way I can report this to Humax?
    Also, can I go back to the previous firmware where this wasn't a problem?
    Many thanks

If you change channel does live pause then work again ?

| Mon 30 Mar 2015 14:26:57 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

losimagic

grahamlthompson - 27 minutes ago

No, it doesn't.

| Mon 30 Mar 2015 14:55:35 #29 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

losimagic - 2 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 27 minutes ago

No, it doesn't.

Is the time it takes before failure consistant on the same channel ? Does it take longer to fail viewing a SD channel ? It seems possible the time shift buffer file is corrupted.

If you go back the previous firmware, the OTA will update it again.

| Mon 30 Mar 2015 15:00:40 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.