My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

New software version 1.03.12 ~ OTA date

(115 posts)
  1. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

I think the DTG have reduced the transmission rate (bandwidth?) of the OTA too. I did a manual OTA update on one of my units during its first airing, before it was prematurely halted, and it took just over 30 minutes for the update to download. I updated another unit during the first repeat transmission and it took about 65 minutes to download: I have also seen other reports of recent downloads taking over an hour.

| Wed 14 May 2014 15:38:40 #101 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I see some activity on the http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/ site, hopefully the support section will soon be populated.

Wow, Just been looking around and peeked at some support videos at https://www.youtube.com/user/HumaxUK
    Someone has been busy.

| Wed 14 May 2014 16:22:58 #102 |
  3. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

REPASSAC - 1 hour ago  » 
    I see some activity on the http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/ site, hopefully the support section will soon be populated.

No updates for the HDR-FOX T2 on this website to date.

| Wed 14 May 2014 18:14:43 #103 |
  4. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

amitchell - 3 days ago  » 
    Hi,
    Every morning since the middle of this week I found my HDR T2 box on in the morning saying L0XX but no video coming out of it. In the evenings I had to switch it off to get it working again. On a chance I tried starting an auto update and found that this rev of software is available. This solves the mystery of what was happening (for me).
    Unfortunately when I trigger the update it takes minutes per percentage point such that to get to 55% took about 5 hours. Each time after many hours the screen says Error: E-OS and askes to restart the box. At the moment this is rendering the box pretty useless so can I ask that you prioritise releasing this update on the web so we can do a USB update please?
    Thanks
    A

I e-mailed Humax support and described your problem. Here is the reply:

Humax Customer Support » I'm sorry to hear that you're having some difficulties with the OTA update currently being broadcast. I think the best thing you can do is to simply re-install the previous version of software. Unfortunately at the moment we have not released a direct-download of the latest software, but hopefully this should be released in the near future.

They have confirmed that they are going to release a direct download soon. Which is progress:-)

| Thu 15 May 2014 13:02:05 #104 |
  5. kidneystone

kidneystone

Because of the very slow and laggy tv guide since my box updated its self to version 1.03.12 I have installed version 1.02.32 and now it is back to being super fast when going through the guide. The thing is that the other night there was an OTA update that put version 1.03.12 back on. Therefor I was back to my very slow guide again. I have now re-installed version 1.02.32. What I want to know is can I stop OTA software updates by going into the menu somewhere. I can't seem to find anything in the menu's to stop OTA updates taking place

| Sun 18 May 2014 10:28:13 #105 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

kidneystone - 4 minutes ago  » 
    Because of the very slow and laggy tv guide since my box updated its self to version 1.03.12 I have installed version 1.02.32 and now it is back to being super fast when going through the guide. The thing is that the other night there was an OTA update that put version 1.03.12 back on. Therefor I was back to my very slow guide again. I have now re-installed version 1.02.32. What I want to know is can I stop OTA software updates by going into the menu somewhere. I can't seem to find anything in the menu's to stop OTA updates taking place

Hi welcome to the forum. There's no way on a standard box to stop the upgrade. The Custom Firmware add on has optional packages that will prevent the update happening.

| Sun 18 May 2014 10:34:10 #106 |
  7. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

If you set a daily reminder from 4.20 AM to 4.40 AM during the OTA period that should do it. You can do this through the guide. Simply switching the box on is not enough, so the timed power on/ power off feature will not block an OTA update, it has to be a reminder.

| Sun 18 May 2014 10:39:50 #107 |
  8. kidneystone

kidneystone

Many thanks for your very quick response Graham. It looks like I will just have to put up with it

| Sun 18 May 2014 10:40:34 #108 |
  9. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

The old custom firmware 'Disable OTA' package was found not to be completely effective in blocking OTA updates: the occasional one slipped through. This was modified to include a reminder, as described in my previous post, and is now very effective. The reminder on its own should do the trick.

| Sun 18 May 2014 10:47:27 #109 |
  10. kidneystone

kidneystone

Thanks for the reply Monty. I am not a very technical minded. I don't know what you mean by "custom firmware"

| Sun 18 May 2014 10:52:43 #110 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.