My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

New software version 1.03.12 ~ OTA date

(115 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Update is on air, unit updated overnight.

Unit downgraded and auto search for update, all timings are approx YMMV:

Found software update in approx. 50 seconds
    Download took 32 minutes
    Programming phase 2 minutes 30 seconds - do not be alarmed when this phase appears to stall at 91% it will remain at that for just over 2 minutes, and again at 99% for a few seconds.

Unit then reboots.

| Thu 27 Feb 2014 7:10:04 #21 |
  2. jimpy

jimpy

I don't know if my box is different to yours but I sat watching 'Searching for software' on screen for several minutes, then software found press OK and it went straight back to live TV. Is this right? seems strange to me.

| Thu 27 Feb 2014 11:10:49 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

jimpy - 16 minutes ago  » 
    I don't know if my box is different to yours but I sat watching 'Searching for software' on screen for several minutes, then software found press OK and it went straight back to live TV. Is this right? seems strange to me.

So what does it say when you press Menu>Settings>System>System Information ? What you describe is exactly what I would expect if the box had updated overnight (as ours did).

| Thu 27 Feb 2014 11:29:14 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

dcoppard

Strangely mine didn't update overnight but remained on 1.03.06 this morning. However I did an automatic search about an hour ago and it found and updated to 1.03.12. All seems ok

| Thu 27 Feb 2014 11:32:43 #24 |
  5. jimpy

jimpy

Yes it does say the latest update, sorry just a bit confused as this is my first update OTA. So are you saying that it had already updated on it's own overnight because I was in standby.

| Thu 27 Feb 2014 11:34:31 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

jimpy - 17 minutes ago  » 
    So are you saying that it had already updated on it's own overnight because I was in standby.

Correct (well actually it doesn't matter if you are in standby but it does matter that the box must be in standby).

| Thu 27 Feb 2014 11:52:46 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

dcoppard - 20 minutes ago  » 
    Strangely mine didn't update overnight but remained on 1.03.06 this morning.

Was it in standby overnight or left active?

| Thu 27 Feb 2014 11:53:19 #27 |
  8. jimpy

jimpy

Martin Liddle - 1 minute ago  » 

I leave the box in standby. What confused me was, I was expecting a download process once I pressed OK after new software found, but instead it went straight to live TV. Anyway it doesn't matter now as the system shows the new firmware.

| Thu 27 Feb 2014 11:59:06 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

jimpy - 26 minutes ago  » 

I leave the box in standby.

If you look at the quoting I was replying to dcoppard. I understand your confusion about the update process. OTA updates have become pretty rare so we all need to remind ourselves how they work.

| Thu 27 Feb 2014 12:28:34 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

dcoppard

Martin Liddle - 37 minutes ago  » 

jimpy - 26 minutes ago  » 

I leave the box in standby.

If you look at the quoting I was replying to dcoppard. I understand your confusion about the update process. OTA updates have become pretty rare so we all need to remind ourselves how they work.

No it was in standby. The only thing I did a day or two ago when I heard the update was coming was to strip out the custom software to get back to 1.3.06 native, (I understand now that I needn't have bothered as it would have updated ok anyway), so whether this was the problem or not I don't know.

Anyway as I said, I did an automatic search about 9am this morning and it downloaded and updated fine. Hopefully the version with the custom firmware should be available in the next day or so.

| Thu 27 Feb 2014 13:11:05 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.