My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

No signal, no clue, no options?

(8 posts)
  1. KennyP

KennyP

First off, apologies if there's a sticky thread on this perennial topic somewhere else - I did look, believe me.

Moved into new house, previous owners had Sky, full package and have been told there were no problems with signal or satellite. Bought a 1010S yesterday, attached cables and NO SIGNAL. Unplugged, reboot, tried connecting one cable, switched cables, nothing. I've done this several times. Satellite is outside house, clear line of sight, facing east to transmitter, doesn't appear to have moved and appears to be in line with other dishes on neighbouring houses.

Cables and connectors look good. Can't connect it to wifi via ethernet cable though house wifi signal is good, albeit password protected. Might it be a firmware/software issue? I feel like a fool, so any help or links to appropriate threads much appreciated.

| Wed 17 Dec 2014 12:56:11 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Try a manual scan for channels - this will leave you in non freesat mode.

If this does find channels I would think it points to dish alignment problem. Rescan only using 11428H (the freesat transponder) and post results. If it does not then it's a cabling/dish/LNB problem.

The freesat transponder is essential for initial unit setup.

| Wed 17 Dec 2014 13:11:02 #2 |
  3. KennyP

KennyP

Thanks for the reply. But - and I'm guessing you could see this one coming - how do I carry out a manual scan? When I hook the box up via HDMI cable and power it up, it goes straight to auto Setup Wizard. Or have I missed something and there's another set up option on the 1010S?

| Wed 17 Dec 2014 13:25:43 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

KennyP - 1 hour ago  » ...facing east to transmitter, doesn't appear to have moved and appears to be in line with other dishes on neighbouring houses...

Surely you mean facing slightly off SOUTH to the satellite? Although if in line with other dishes then any mis-alignment must be small, but small can matter a lot.

Yes as I recall you can only do a manual scan after the box is set up. Your best option if possible is to find someone in the locale with a Freesat box and test it there. If it's OK there then your dish needs a tweak.

See here...
    http://www.dishpointer.com/

| Wed 17 Dec 2014 14:20:08 #4 |
  5. KennyP

KennyP

Good news for me - and others in the same boat. When I turned on the box to look for manual setting menu options, it found a signal in auto set-up mode and went through the set-up process to completition.

I did nothing different, the cables were all still in the same slots in TV and box, the weather wasn't any different from what it was yesterday either. I have no idea why it's working now.

So, for all those with 'NO SIGNAL' nightmares, keep trying for a bit longer, you might get lucky.

Thanks to REPASSAC.

| Wed 17 Dec 2014 14:21:18 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I think there is a way of exiting the wizard. Try pressing the exit key. I can't check for you without resetting my unit and re-inputting my schedule.

As an alternative if you know anyone with a working disk - set it up there. this will conform that the unit is working correctly.
    Then return home and see what you can receive there.
    If it is dish alignment, my guess is will see will nearly all the channels you are interested in (they are at a slightly different orbital position).

| Wed 17 Dec 2014 14:22:58 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Our posts crossed each other. If you experience any subsequent problems then you may have water in the LNB F-plug connections which has dried out overnight.

| Wed 17 Dec 2014 14:24:46 #7 |
  8. KennyP

KennyP

Thanks again to you both. I had nightmares about the digital equivalent of an 'intermittent electrical fault' but so far so good.

I'll bear in mind the possibility of a dodgy LNB connection/waterlogged connectors too.

| Fri 19 Dec 2014 14:53:12 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.