My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

no sound

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

wayno

hi all, my mother in laws pvr9300t has since saturday stopped playing sound on any recordings, pictures are fine, older recordings are fine also.any ideas ?

thanks wayne

| Tue 14 Jan 2014 0:12:48 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

wayno - 35 minutes ago  » 
    hi all, my mother in laws pvr9300t has since saturday stopped playing sound on any recordings, pictures are fine, older recordings are fine also.

I am confused. You say it will not play sound on any recordings but then you say older recordings are fine; can you clarify? Is the 9300 connected to the TV by SCART or HDMI?

| Tue 14 Jan 2014 0:50:44 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

wayno

sorry for any confusion, since saturday, any recordings will play picture but no sound. anything recorded prior to saturday play without any problem. the pvr is connected with hdmi.

thanks wayne

| Tue 14 Jan 2014 9:33:05 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

wayno - 3 hours ago  » 
    since saturday, any recordings will play picture but no sound. anything recorded prior to saturday play without any problem. the pvr is connected with hdmi.

Thanks for the clarification; that is a very odd problem. Clutching at straws, have you tried the Soundtrack button on the remote (second from left on second row from top under the flap)? What happens if you connect by SCART rather than HDMI? Have you tried a reset to default settings?

| Tue 14 Jan 2014 13:38:05 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

wayno

i read loads of threads on varioussound probs, tried a scart, tried the soundtrack etc etc, thought my only avenue was a reset to default, then remembered something i read about switching off at the plug for a couple of minutes, tried this and it must have reset something as it worked when i tried an instant record. will have to see if its ok on a planned rec, one thing i id then find out is that she never switches into standby so i believe the firmware has never been updated.
    hopefully its sorted now,

cheers wayne

| Tue 14 Jan 2014 23:35:17 #5 |
  6. Biggles

Biggles

special member

wayno - 1 hour ago  » 
    one thing i id then find out is that she never switches into standby

Does this mean the machine is left ON continuously or just switched OFF at the mains? If the latter then maybe she ought to read the warning on page GB5 (in my version) of the manual.

4. Hard Disk Drive
    • Do not move the product or turn the power off suddenly while the hard disk drive is running. The company shall not be liable for any corruption of data on the hard disk drive caused by the carelessness or misuse of users.

| Wed 15 Jan 2014 0:49:30 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

wayno

yes the unit was on continously, never switched into standby let alone at the plug.

| Wed 15 Jan 2014 10:31:50 #7 |
  8. Biggles

Biggles

special member

You can check in the menu the version of software that is installed, the latest version is 1.00.26.

| Wed 15 Jan 2014 11:07:28 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

wayno

version is 1.00.23. tried an auto update, nothing found

| Wed 15 Jan 2014 15:40:18 #9 |
  10. Biggles

Biggles

special member

wayno - 1 hour ago  » 
    version is 1.00.23. tried an auto update, nothing found

You will only find the update when it is being transmitted and that is not likely now as 1.00.26 has been repeated loads of times. However you might want to stay on 1.00.23 because 1.00.26 introduced a bug where under certain circumstances a consecutive recording could fail if the machine was in STANDBY. If you want to stay on v23 then disable Software Auto Update in the menu.

| Wed 15 Jan 2014 16:52:06 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.