My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

NO SOUND HDR 2000T

(23 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

colirv

I occasionally lose sound, but putting Humax and TV back into standby and bringing them out in the correct order usually fixes it. Very occasionally, however, only switching the Humax off at the mains will fix it. This in turn means not being able to watch a recording if it's currently recording something else I don't want to lose. No more than inconvenient, I grant you, but still blooming annoying when it happens. For the first time I'll consider going non-Humax when it comes to the next replacement.

| Tue 10 Feb 2015 10:54:43 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

ang01622

We have just bought this as a replacement for my mother who is 93 and are having the same problems. We will have to return it - why should she have to fuss around turning it on and off just to get the sound working. Have been on to Humax support, who have been very helpful and I have tried most of the things mentioned above. Also it takes ages for the picture to appear when she turns it on. Trouble is having as a family had Humax's for years, I wouldn't know what to buy as an alternative.
    All very frustating and time wasting!

| Tue 10 Feb 2015 20:46:23 #12 |
  3. Gort

Gort

This might not be able to be done by everyone, but I had to resort to connecting red and white RCA phono plugs between my Humax 1800t (effectively a 2000t, if only cut down a bit, and suffers the same issue) and the TV. My Sony's AV5 has an HDMI port that allows for a separate RCA connection for the audio, which has "fixed" the issue for me. Not all TVs will have this and maybe some will default to the sound from the HDMI cable link over the RCA, but for me it has allowed me to not suffer from this issue (which was hell for me when I first got this box). So if you can do this, I'd suggest giving it a try.

Seriously, Humax really ought to do more to sort this issue out. It's not exactly helping their reputation. Some might say it's the TV, but the other HDMI equipment that I own don't have this issue at all with the TV.

| Wed 11 Feb 2015 0:30:41 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

colirv

I assume that only gives you two channels of sound.

| Wed 11 Feb 2015 0:36:43 #14 |
  5. Gort

Gort

Yeah, just stereo. That's fine for me, but it might not be for everyone.

| Wed 11 Feb 2015 0:39:16 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

avon

No sound when playing back recordings or watching tv through the humax box this happen quite frequent,sound on the samsung tv ok. To get sound back on the box sometimes putting the box in standby clears the problem or if no success powering the box down for a couple of minutes brings back sound. I tried different way today I cancelled on the schedule the next recording which was due to start in about 15 minutes,put the box into standby brought the box out of standby sound now ok. Doing it this way I did'nt have to reschedule all my recordings just the one I had cancelled. I have noticed there is lots of sound problems on the forum, most with this box is humax going to offer some advice or is it a software problem.

| Wed 4 Mar 2015 20:21:04 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

ang01622

Since my post of the 15th I have resolved the problem by connecting the TV and Humax by a SCART lead and not the HDMI cable. Working fine now - fingers crossed!

| Wed 4 Mar 2015 21:47:31 #17 |
  8. Gort

Gort

ang01622 - 44 minutes ago  » 
    Since my post of the 15th I have resolved the problem by connecting the TV and Humax by a SCART lead and not the HDMI cable. Working fine now - fingers crossed!

If you're going to go down the route of Scart, then it might be better to try out RCA cables for the sound and HDMI for the video. I suffered terribly from this sound issue for the first few days when I got my box and connected it to my Sony TV, but since using RCA cables for audio to that TV, I haven't had the issue return since (two months ago). Sure, it's only for stereo (not 5.1), but seeing that you're using Scart, then that issue is moot.

If your TV has RCA connections for a corresponding HDMI port and that the TV doesn't default to HDMI sound when you have the RCA wires connected, then that would be a better bet than Scart if you can get it to work that way.

| Wed 4 Mar 2015 22:38:18 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

avon

I should have said I have reset the box 2 times retune etc, but no improvement. I Think the answer lies with box powering up before recording exactly what is happening is beyond me,but using a scart lead is not the real answer,that is a real backward step. I should say that altering the power setting to no pass through in standby in my case does reduce the number of times it occurs.

| Wed 4 Mar 2015 22:43:26 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

ang01622

A scart lead may be 'a backward step' but it has worked and I now no longer get phone calls from my 93 year old mother when she can't get any sound!Reading all these posts it seems that everyone is having to 'fiddle' with their box to get it to work. As another member said, Humax should have sorted this issue out. I am going to leave it with the scart lead in place for as long as it is ok. As they said in John Lewis the machine has a 2 year guarantee and if it plays up again it will go back.

| Mon 9 Mar 2015 22:45:01 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.