My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

No Sound on SD

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

blockstar

Hi

Today I bought my brand new HDR 1000s. All was going well and everything worked until I tried using Youtube. It requested I do a software update so I did. After the reset I cannot get any sound from the SD channels unless I turn the PVR sound up to 100% and even then it quiet. I get good sound at the correct level from HD channels and from the on demand stuff but not anything else.

I have an amp running the sound via an optical cable so its nothing to do with the HDMI cable. Can it be that after doing a software update I cannot watch regular channels? I've had it less than 12 hours! Help!

Incidentally, Humax support are off til tuesday. Helpful.

| Fri 29 Mar 2013 22:58:33 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Most AV amps have different level settings for each input. If yours has this then adjust the setting on the amplifier.

I didn't notice any difference in levels with the latest firmware. Audio is by hdmi to amplifier and s/pdif to Sony Surround Headphones so I can use both outputs.

| Sat 30 Mar 2013 9:46:12 #2 |
  3. chistery

chistery

Try changing the digital audio out setting to Stereo, and see if that helps.

The new update has changed the way audio works.

| Sat 30 Mar 2013 16:14:42 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Perpics

Sound drops out when going from a HD to a standard channel on my 1100s going through a pioneer av receiver. If I change to another source on the amp and back again to the humax input sound returns. This started with my old Humax Foxsat about two weeks ago which prompted me to do an upgrade in the first place. Also changed HDMi cables to no avail.

| Mon 21 Nov 2016 16:23:57 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

MARWIGHT

I have this problem too. Bizarrely if I reset the remote it sometimes comes back!

| Tue 30 Jan 2018 8:05:11 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.