My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Olympic Channel Recordings

(149 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Poundbury

I know this is getting repetitive but a BIG Thank you to Barry, Radydon, Graham, Humax and anybody else involved in this speedy fix. This forum is an absolute godsend!

| Tue 31 Jul 2012 12:07:11 #121 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A bit more news. AV2HDR opens the non-freesat recordings now as does AV2HDR-T2. You can now record the HD streams on a Foxsat-hdr using non-freesat and watch them on a HD (HDR) FOX T2

| Tue 31 Jul 2012 12:40:05 #122 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

cmouse

I'm a tad confused as my box is still not recording and it says there is no software to update what do I do now?

| Tue 31 Jul 2012 19:29:44 #123 |
  4. gomezz

gomezz

special member

What firmware version does it say is installed?

| Tue 31 Jul 2012 19:43:29 #124 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

cmouse

I'll retract that comment for now. I had to go out just after finding out about this so did the obvious and restarted it and set it to record a random chunk of beach volleyball before heading out the door. Happily appears to be doing it now on getting home

As long as I can sort it in time for the trampolining I'll be happy

| Tue 31 Jul 2012 22:58:00 #125 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

bellringer65

I am now running Raydon's software on 3 boxes and have set the EPG to display all and only SD channels. Two boxes have the Olympic SD channels as 5001-5024, the other at 53xx - 54xx after a retune. Don't undestand why!
    However, when I select an event in the Olympic channels in the EPG and press 'record', I get a timer signal up - but I also get timer symbols in ALL other channels with events at the same time. This also happens if I select an event then press 'OK', which gives me a 'Record' or 'Watch' option and I select 'Record'.
    Any thoughts/ideas as to what is happening?

You can stop a box from taking the OTA update - just make sure auto standby is disabled and leave it on all the time!

| Wed 1 Aug 2012 11:03:19 #126 |
  7. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Leaving it on all the time can lead to other problems.

| Wed 1 Aug 2012 11:14:27 #127 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The channel numbers are generated by the box in non-freesat mode, depending on what channels you already have stored (The data doesn't have lcn channel numbers, these come from the epg). The one with the higher numbers must have had some other channels already stored. (You can edit them manually if you wish)

While playing with recording the SD channels I noticed the same but the correct stream actually recorded. You have to convert these to manual recordings (I edited the start to 1 minute early) in order for the box to survive a re-boot. Alternatively use the provided manual recording option for non-freesat channels.

| Wed 1 Aug 2012 11:16:20 #128 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

bellringer65

While playing with recording the SD channels I noticed the same but the correct stream actually recorded. You have to convert these to manual recordings (I edited the start to 1 minute early) in order for the box to survive a re-boot. Alternatively use the provided manual recording option for non-freesat channels.

Thanks Graham - will try a timer recording to see what happens now.
    When I tried last week, it came up with a 'recording conflict' message and I had to delete the one I didn't want.

| Wed 1 Aug 2012 11:53:22 #129 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

bellringer65 - 30 minutes ago  » 

Thanks Graham - will try a timer recording to see what happens now.
    When I tried last week, it came up with a 'recording conflict' message and I had to delete the one I didn't want.

Now getting same as you, going to try via the webif.

EDIT same on webif, it looks as if all streams on same transponder are treated as one programme. So presumably you can only record 2 if they are on different transponders (I only added one to Non-freesat). Recording one HD and one SD should be OK.

| Wed 1 Aug 2012 12:24:45 #130 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.