My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Only 2ch audio on everything!

(22 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

shadowhood - 1 hour ago  » 
    Wow, thanks for delving in to the Onkyo manual mate, great to have someone who really puts an effort in to helping other folk. After a quick look at the manual online, I can't see much of a problem. As I said, I put my Sky box back on to it and it worked perfectly i.e. gave me DD5.1 and psuedo 5.1 on a stereo signal. I will check it later though.

Was that using the same hdmi in on the amp ? The default audio settings are input specific.

| Fri 17 Oct 2014 14:30:08 #21 |
  2. shadowhood

shadowhood

New Yamaha Amp sourced and this done the trick. My older Onkyo ampnwas the problem. Now getting 5.1 source, where advertised, also now able to change 2-ch to pseudo multi-channel. Thanks for the help on that.

Next problem....I have the WiFi dongle and it finds my network OK but unfortunately can't source any HD material I have (mkv files). Also it doesn't play large size photo files either. It detects and plays MP4 files no problem but does not even show any MKV files on my system (which are definately there). I bought TP Home plugs today to see if that would address the problem but it didn't. It still does not detect the larger files. It can detect and play these type of files if I transfer them to a flash USB drive but I want to play them directly from the PC.

The home plugs are from Maplin and are the Power line version. They are installed correctly and showing all correct LED's. They are all on the same ring main as well.

As usual, any input is greatly appreciated.

| Mon 27 Oct 2014 17:04:15 #22 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.