My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Only 2ch audio on everything!

(22 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Long shot, Shadowhood you haven't by any chance made a analogue audio connection to your amp in addition to the digital one ?

| Fri 17 Oct 2014 12:41:17 #11 |
  2. shadowhood

shadowhood

Thanks for the input again mate.
    Well, the program info says it's Dolby with the DD icon. So I'm not sure if that is Dolby Stereo or DD5.1.
    As I mentioned previously, on Sky it didn't matter whether the show was 2 or 5 ch, my amp would always be able to produce 5 channel. It can only do 2 from the Humax. I've emailed Humax this morning at 9am but still not heard anything. Is their phone tech service any good?

| Fri 17 Oct 2014 12:50:57 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

shadowhood - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for the input again mate.
    Well, the program info says it's Dolby with the DD icon. So I'm not sure if that is Dolby Stereo or DD5.1.
    As I mentioned previously, on Sky it didn't matter whether the show was 2 or 5 ch, my amp would always be able to produce 5 channel. It can only do 2 from the Humax. I've emailed Humax this morning at 9am but still not heard anything. Is their phone tech service any good?

You can't tell from the display. Incidentally your amplifier should be able to decode prologic 11 surround sound from pcm stereo same way it can from Dolby Digital stereo, it should work if correctly set up on SD channels as well. The option will be one of the Digital Sound Processing options (DSP).

Can you answer the question I asked about analogue connections ?

I doubt if Humax will be able to help, it's not an issue I have ever seen before.

| Fri 17 Oct 2014 12:57:13 #13 |
  4. shadowhood

shadowhood

I'll have to check when I get home (at work). I know for a fact there isn't a physical analogue input on the amp, and I'm pretty sure (99%) the analogue input set up on the amp menu is cleared, unlike the digital input.

| Fri 17 Oct 2014 12:58:58 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

shadowhood - 1 minute ago  » 
    I'll have to check when I get home (at work). I know for a fact there isn't a physical analogue input on the amp, and I'm pretty sure (99%) the analogue input set up on the amp menu is cleared, unlike the digital input.

No analogue inputs on the AMP, are you sure ? I have never seen an AV amp without analogue inputs. Basically have you connected anything from the box scart socket or the Red/White RCA Phono sockets to the amplifier.

| Fri 17 Oct 2014 13:02:11 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

shadowhood - 1 minute ago  » 

No analogue inputs on the AMP, are you sure ? I have never seen an AV amp without analogue inputs. Basically have you connected anything from the box scart socket or the Red/White RCA Phono sockets to the amplifier ?

| Fri 17 Oct 2014 13:02:42 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Just found the manual for your amp. It's an advanced multizone output design similar to my Denon AVR4306. Having a read as to how to turn on prologic. There's a host of analogue inputs.

| Fri 17 Oct 2014 13:09:19 #17 |
  8. shadowhood

shadowhood

Sorry Graham, I may have answered that wrongly. Yes there are analogue inputs on the amp, however, I don't use them. I have 3 HDMI in (STB, DVD, Media Player) and one HDMI out to Pioneer TV. All 3 x HDMI's are also for audio. I only used a separate optical for my previous sky box, which I have tried with the humax as well Is that what you were asking?

| Fri 17 Oct 2014 13:12:49 #18 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Check the listening mode settings (Page 81 of the manual) and the default settings used for the HDMI input you have the HDR1000S set to when receiving Dolby Digital.

It's a much more modern amp than mine and must have cost a lot of money.

| Fri 17 Oct 2014 13:18:18 #19 |
  10. shadowhood

shadowhood

Wow, thanks for delving in to the Onkyo manual mate, great to have someone who really puts an effort in to helping other folk. After a quick look at the manual online, I can't see much of a problem. As I said, I put my Sky box back on to it and it worked perfectly i.e. gave me DD5.1 and psuedo 5.1 on a stereo signal. I will check it later though.

| Fri 17 Oct 2014 13:27:42 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.