My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Permanent *Deleting...

(92 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The same situation has been reported for the Foxsat where the delete progress is also recorded in a file - a power failure during a delete will alsways cause this problem. Possibly there are other causes. The solution for the foxsat is also custom firmware then delete file.

I would suggest that a factory reset should delete any such file if it exists.

| Sat 28 Jul 2012 12:36:28 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

REPASSAC - 1 hour ago  » 
    I would suggest that a factory reset should delete any such file if it exists.

Agreed; that sounds a very sensible and relatively easily implemented solution. Barry, have Humax considered this?

| Sat 28 Jul 2012 14:07:38 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

susiec510

HDR-FOX T2 *Deleting ...
    I am unable to record. It tells me that it is recording but nothing is happening. The memory is only half full.

What do I do? I see that others on this forum have got this problem and having googled this problem I see this is being talked about on other forums.

I have been so pleased with my Humax but how can this problem continue without the manufacturer not get it sorted - yes, I bought mine direct from Humax and have recommended the item to others.

What now?

Sue

| Mon 6 Aug 2012 23:45:02 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

susiec510

If a factory reset takes place, does it delete alll the saved recordings?

Sue

| Mon 6 Aug 2012 23:48:37 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

susiec510 - 16 minutes ago  » 
    If a factory reset takes place, does it delete alll the saved recordings?

A factory reset will not delete all recordings; only a format will do that. However it is unlikely to fix your problem. The most likely fix is to install 1.01.09 from http://beta.humaxonline.co.uk/downloads/hdr-foxt210109. Check that the problem has gone. Then reinstall the latest version. In about 50% of cases the problem will be fixed. If not come back for further advice.

| Tue 7 Aug 2012 0:09:09 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

susiec510

Thank you, Martin.

I am "ignorant" so please be basic with me!! How do I install the suggestion - is this from a memory stick off my laptop then use the memory stick on the Humax equipment?

Do you know if Humax are going to do anything about this problem .... if I was the only one, then I would accept that it is just one of those things but by the looks of my googling this problem this isn't a one off and the other thing that I noticed is that all of the comments/questions that I saw re this problem showed it had happened in the last two months. Doesn't that raise a concern too?

Sue

| Tue 7 Aug 2012 12:37:15 #16 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

If you download the link as per Martins post, once you extract the files the update instructions are included, but basically yes to your 'is this from a memory stick off my laptop then use the memory stick on the Humax equipment'

As a matter of interest is your unit a 500GB or 1TB version?

| Tue 7 Aug 2012 13:01:55 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

susiec510 - 31 minutes ago  » 

Do you know if Humax are going to do anything about this problem

Try asking Humax.

this problem this isn't a one off and the other thing that I noticed is that all of the comments/questions that I saw re this problem showed it had happened in the last two months. Doesn't that raise a concern too?

It certainly isn't a one off but it isn't very common; reports of the problem go back more than two months but there will be no reports earlier than February 2011 when the background delete was introduced at 1.02.07.

| Tue 7 Aug 2012 13:12:04 #18 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Barry any comment on #11 & #12?

| Tue 7 Aug 2012 14:22:53 #19 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

REPASSAC - 2 days ago  » 
    Barry any comment on #11 & #12?

Sorry missed this one as very busy in other areas.

I agree, Humax Towers are aware.

| Thu 9 Aug 2012 15:37:43 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.