My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Problems viewing recorded TV on remote I/P TV over LAN

(49 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Notts Humax Man

Barry I have now purchased a second HDR-FOX T2.
    Yes you have guessed already that I have problems with the set up.
    2 x HDR-FOX T2's connected over the LAN.
    Have updated software on the 2nd HDR to latest 1.02.20
    Have managed on "First attempt" to view recorded TV from the new HDR to the existing HDR over the LAN and it worked first time, however after about 10 to 15 minutes it cut off.
    On my Sony I/P TV I can see "BOTH HDR-FOX T2" as Servers and can view .JPEG files as before on the First Fox T2 can also see Recorded Video as well (But cannot play them) All 3 Devices can access the Internet fine over the LAN.
    However when the new HDR-FOX T2 tries to access the other Networked HDR it ultimatly says "Cannot Find Server" at this point I cannot even go back to view Local Recorded media as the box continus to try to connect to the Network. The only way to recover from this is to Switch the HDR off and on again.
    On the Network Settings Share Content is ON, FTP is ON.
    It shows I/P addresses OK and also an ICON saying "Network Connected".
    Help, Help it's driving me mad.
    John

| Wed 7 Sep 2011 11:14:46 #21 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

John - Sorry for the delay in response, but I have been trying to replicate without any success. I can stream between HDR's, and to the HD for that matter, without being 'cut off'.

Can only assume it is a network or router setting maybe??

| Fri 9 Sep 2011 13:31:30 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Notts Humax Man

HI Barry
    Tried everything and all failed responce on trying the Media Network Access constantly "Cannot find Server" so today decided to reset everything.
    Home plugs (4 off Reset) then switched off, ADSL Modem / Router Reset then switched off.
    Both HDR-FOX T2's reset to Factory default.
    ADSL Modem and 4 Homeplugs switched back on.
    Wonderful the Server is found straight away, play back from original HDR to new fine.
    However after 10 minutes message flagged up "Network Error"
    Could not access Network again (back to where I was before).
    However have now made further progress.
    Just switched off the LOCAL Homeplug serving Viewing HDR and on again. Hey presto the network was up again.
    So the problem rests with the network be it the ADSL Modem or the Homeplugs.
    Strange though the when on the TV Portal viewing iPlayer its fine and stays up and runing OK for the duration sometimes over an hour or more without problems.(in fact never had a problem with the TV Portal at all)
    Any thoughts on this Barry?

Must say now that HD is available in the Nottingham area the picture quality is "Great" seems to add a new dimention to the Nature and documentary programmes.

Regards John

| Sat 10 Sep 2011 12:40:31 #23 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

When the probem occurs does the ADSL Modem/Router/Switch still see the two T2's (Normally shown under connected devices).
    The 10 mins sounds like a typical time for a re-broadcast for hosts.
    If you have a PC in the network do both T2's respond to a ping from the PC?.

| Sat 10 Sep 2011 13:14:35 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Notts Humax Man

REPASSAC - Thanks for coming back to me.
    Yes I have a PC in the LAN.
    Can you tell me how I can see the ADSL modem from my PC also how would I "Ping" the T2's I'm a bit of a novice on this side of the PC. If it is a re-broadcast for the hosts then is it possible to adjust it???

Thanks John

| Sat 10 Sep 2011 14:36:59 #25 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Normally access to via http to it's IP address - normally ending in 1 but possibly also 254. This is also normally also password protected [Try admin and password] yes "password"] This may be on the label under the device or at the back frequently (if that does not work you will need the manual.

Look up the IP address in the T2 setup (I presume it will be shown somewhere there) from your PC launch a program called cmd.exe this will launch a command window enter:
    ping ipaddress/Name e.g.
    ping 192.168.0.12

While you have this open also try:
    net view /ALL

Also:
    ipconfig /all

This will give a lot of data of which two pieces are interesting:
    Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcast
    DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : moulin-de-repassac.com

Node type should be as above (unless you have a good reason for other settings - like a DNS on your LAN), The DNS suffix search list should normally be blank.

Good question I don't know how the T2 network is specified - In windows networks an election is held and depending on the OS versions and types a pecking order is established (First domain controllers, second servers, third PC's) and the master chosen. This keeps the domain list and all other PC's query it.

If the T2 is using an existing network browser then it would be possible (if the PC was on). If not then NO.

| Sat 10 Sep 2011 15:35:07 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Notts Humax Man

REPASSAC -
    The I/P addresses for the Humax T2's are :-
    HDR 1 192.168.1.3
    HDR 2 192.168.1.2
    I can Ping them both sucessfully
    The rest of your details dos'nt mean a lot to me though.
    At present if I try to access the "Network Media" on the HDR it comes back with "Cannot find Server"
    So I think the answer to the question is Yes the ADSL still see's the network as "Connected" but has Timed out as Re-Broadcast.
    If I go into Humax settings it also says "Network Connected"
    What's your thoughts please?

John

| Sat 10 Sep 2011 18:30:29 #27 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Can you try entering the other two commands I mentioned into a command prompt as you did for the pings.

From the ping connectivity still exists, the T2's still have power on their network adaptors and have a ip address.

My only thought is does this happen in you power off the PC amd reboot the T2's?

Did you manage to see if the router sees the two T2s - as the they need connectivity here. The home plugs - are you sure they are paired correctly?

Barry - Did your tests include a PC in the network (especially a Windows one)? What is the host name the T2 uses - blank like the HDR?

| Sat 10 Sep 2011 19:16:04 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Notts Humax Man

Listing commands
    net view /ALL and
    ipconfig /all
    appeared to be invalid on software I'm running (XP)
    Can you explain in simple form how to access the Router to check if the 2 x T2's are connected please?
    As for the Homeplugs what do you mean when you say "Paired Correctly" I've just plugged them into associated power sockets, connected the Ethernet leads into each Box.(IE 1 for each HDR, 1 for the Sony I/P TV and 1 for the ADSL Router)so in effect they are connected in series forming the LAN and into the ADSL Modem.
    Is there another way?
    Incidentaly the Router is:-
    Broadband Wireless Router EchoLife HG520b
    So the 2 x HDR and I/P TV are connected / enter onto LAN 2 and the PC directly onto LAN 1.
    At the moment I feel a little like this

Regards John

| Sat 10 Sep 2011 20:57:33 #29 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

You did run cmd.exe and enter the commands there?. All versions of Windows that have a newwork installed should know those commands.

Your Modem/Router/Hub - I don't know the model but this may help http://help.talktalk.co.uk/app/answers/detail/a_id/1607null

Home plugs comes in two main types 85 and 200 mbps (faster versions are also available). The 200 mbps version need to be paired by pressing buttons (pair packs may be pre-paired), the older 85 mbts versions did this automatically I think. (you set up one pair at a time) - this allows multiple units to be used and signals only are transmitted from a to b, c to d rather than a to b and c to b. Incorrect pairing could cause signals to be transmitted to the same router port.

| Sun 11 Sep 2011 9:12:40 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.