My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Problems viewing recorded TV on remote I/P TV over LAN

(49 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Notts Humax Man

My Homeplugs are Belkin 200 mbts, I will be doing the rearangmens and pairing them up as you suggest I assume that each group will be Ethernet cabled to its own port on the ADSL Modem.
    As I have only 4 Plugs I will group them associated with the HDR's
    then if sucessfull I will need another pair for association with the I/P TV.

Here's Hoping
    John

| Sun 11 Sep 2011 10:35:48 #31 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

John, According to what I have read you should be able to use one homeplug at the router end to several destinations (I mentioned paired because that is typical perhaps grouped or assocaited would be a better term). They must be in the same group.
    Different groups would be used for example if you had two different networks.
    Your Homeplug documentation should cover this.

| Sun 11 Sep 2011 13:26:51 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Notts Humax Man

REPASSAC - I've grouped the Homeplugs as you suggest (2 x Groups of 2) one associated with each HDR.
    Situation remained the same, still cannot access the server. I know however that the HDR's are actually "Connected" as when you go to HDR menu, settings, internet settings page there is a display that states "Network Connected" (On both HDR's)If I switch off the Homeplug "Network Disconnected" or similar words displayed.
    I have now reverted back to the original Homeplug set up.
    Whilst restating that the Humax cannot see the opposite Humax (Media / Network) access. When I go to the Sony I/P TV (Which is connected by it's own Homeplug onto the same LAN I can immediatly see both HDR's and can view .JPG files perfectly (although as previously stated will not play back recorded programmes from HDR).
    Seems to be the sinister bit what is different on Sony TV to the settings on the HDR's they all look the same but differ slightly in as you would expect the I/P addresses are different but in sequence???
    Have viewed the ADSL modem settings but quite honestly they mean next to nothing to me.
    Where to start???
    When I first installed the modem I just plugged it in and it worked first time (about 2 years ago) so it is obviously at "Default" settings.

| Mon 12 Sep 2011 7:46:54 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Notts Humax Man

Notts Humax Man - 1 hour ago  » 
    REPASSAC - I've grouped the Homeplugs as you suggest (2 x Groups of 2) one associated with each HDR.
    Situation remained the same, still cannot access the server. I know however that the HDR's are actually "Connected" as when you go to HDR menu, settings, internet settings page there is a display that states "Network Connected" (On both HDR's)If I switch off the Homeplug "Network Disconnected" or similar words displayed.
    I have now reverted back to the original Homeplug set up.
    Whilst restating that the Humax cannot see the opposite Humax (Media / Network) access. When I go to the Sony I/P TV (Which is connected by it's own Homeplug onto the same LAN I can immediatly see both HDR's and can view .JPG files perfectly (although as previously stated will not play back recorded programmes from HDR).
    Seems to be the sinister bit what is different on Sony TV to the settings on the HDR's they all look the same but differ slightly in as you would expect the I/P addresses are different but in sequence???
    Have viewed the ADSL modem settings but quite honestly they mean next to nothing to me.
    Where to start???
    When I first installed the modem I just plugged it in and it worked first time (about 2 years ago) so it is obviously at "Default" settings.

How can it be that the Sony I/P TV can access through the LAN where the HDR's cannot as they are all on the same LAN?

| Mon 12 Sep 2011 8:51:01 #34 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I rather suspect that they are all connected - you could ping them from your PC without problem so they must be connected.

You need either to retry running cmd.exe and entering the previous commands I mentioned or see the connected devices to your modem/router/switch (This may be a subcoomand to "Status" perhaps). This would show all the connect devices.

One point to mention is I would suggest powerup the T2's last.

| Mon 12 Sep 2011 11:11:09 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Is UPnP enabled on the router?

| Mon 12 Sep 2011 11:39:34 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Notts Humax Man

Thanks Martin
    Checked the ADSL modem.
    UPnP was not enabled, I have now enabled:-
    UPnP and the associated option To allow changes to Config through UPnP.
    Immediately after changing and saving.
    Tried to play back recordings from Humax to the other and it worked OK.
    However after exiting the PC / Modem change page the playback ceased and I cannot get it to run again.
    Checked the ADSL modem again to make sure that changes had been saved and they have.
    On the Sony I/P TV Both Humax's appear as Servers whether or not they are switched on If switched on I can immediatly select it OK. If I select one not switched on then it searches for it but as you would expect responce "Server not Found".
    When on the Humax's I would expect similar in that the Opposite Humax should show as a server whether or not it's switched on. However it never seams to show.
    It did however after changing UPnP but dos'nt now.
    Back to square one.

| Mon 12 Sep 2011 21:28:39 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Have you tried power cycling the router? Have you checked that you have the most recent firmware for the router? My feeling is that the router is the problem in your setup. If all else fails you might consider getting a better router.

| Mon 12 Sep 2011 22:20:24 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Notts Humax Man

Well the latest is that the whole system has collapsed into a heap.
    I can access the Internet facilities provided on all 3 Units (2 x Humax HDR-T2,s and the Sony I/P TV) and these facilities work fine.
    However all inter-activities between them are are so variable and un-reliable.

| Thu 15 Sep 2011 20:27:01 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Notts Humax Man

Martin Liddle - 3 days ago  » 
    Have you tried power cycling the router? Have you checked that you have the most recent firmware for the router? My feeling is that the router is the problem in your setup. If all else fails you might consider getting a better router.

Martin - I suspect that you are right, all the problems I think must be centered on the Router!
    If I were to get a new one what make / model would you recommend?
    Would you be able advise what settings would be needed?
    John

| Fri 16 Sep 2011 10:35:21 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.