My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Raydon channel editor list out of date

(14 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The custom firmware allows you to save your recording schedule. STV-HD should be on your epg by the end of this month. English postcode users get BBC-HD on 108 and BBC2 HD on 102.

| Wed 16 Apr 2014 16:21:27 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

RobJF

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 
    The custom firmware allows you to save your recording schedule.
    Thanks for that.
    English postcode users get BBC-HD on 108 and BBC2 HD on 102.

I'd be surprised if you still get BBC-HD, it's long gone up here. That's why I was a bit disconcerted to see it reappear when I reinstalled the software (4.1.1).

PS I've now used ftp to delete both channel list files in /media/Channels (having backed them up first). I believe that eliminates any possibility of the same thing happening again.

| Wed 16 Apr 2014 17:50:51 #12 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

RobJF - 1 hour ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 
    The custom firmware allows you to save your recording schedule.
    Thanks for that.
    English postcode users get BBC-HD on 108 and BBC2 HD on 102.

I'd be surprised if you still get BBC-HD, it's long gone up here. That's why I was a bit disconcerted to see it reappear when I reinstalled the software (4.1.1).
    PS I've now used ftp to delete both channel list files in /media/Channels (having backed them up first). I believe that eliminates any possibility of the same thing happening again.

That will do it. After Housekeeping at 03:00 (if you still have the channel editor installed) it will create the new backup and you may have a fresh start.

I do know a lot of work went into the design of the channel editor to minimise problems like you had. It is however based upon the assumption that the unit should normally be available for housekeeping. Adrian did a lot of hard work on this and he (to my mind) has the most perfect solution given the constraints that exist.

| Wed 16 Apr 2014 19:16:09 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

RobJF

REPASSAC - 14 hours ago  » 

That will do it. After Housekeeping at 03:00 (if you still have the channel editor installed) it will create the new backup and you may have a fresh start.
    I do know a lot of work went into the design of the channel editor to minimise problems like you had. It is however based upon the assumption that the unit should normally be available for housekeeping. Adrian did a lot of hard work on this and he (to my mind) has the most perfect solution given the constraints that exist.

Thanks. I ended up spending as much or more time on it as if I'd just followed your advice in the first place. Hang on, better just check it's OK this morning, you never know... yes, thanks again.

| Thu 17 Apr 2014 9:28:52 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.