My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

'recording failed'

(23 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Einstein40 - 4 minutes ago  » 
    I am about 2 months outside of my warranty... anyone say built in self-destruct software?

Are you sure you are out of warranty? If purchased from Humax and registered with Humax the warranty is two years

| Wed 18 Feb 2015 1:24:00 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Einstein40 - 8 hours ago  » 
    As a post script to my message above... these issues are not exclusive to HD. I took the advice of bookman and converted my scheduled recordings to SD.

Are you on the latest software and have you done a factory reset yet?

I personally wouldn't accept recording only in SD. The box should be capable of recording 2 HD channels. You need to figure out whether it's aerial/signal-levels or the box. A factory reset and a proper power cycle (switching off at mains) is the first thing to try. If you're thinking of returning/repairing it or have nothing you want to keep then a hard drive format is another option and worthwhile doing if only to rule out a corrupt file system.
    If problems persist then you'll need to establish a pattern as there will be a logical explanation.

| Wed 18 Feb 2015 10:12:17 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Einstein40

Thanks both Damian & Martin - guess you sensed my exasperation!
    I am on latest software as of about 6 weeks ago. Now i think about it I don't recall any such issues before then!

I have done a re-tune but not a full power down. I will do this and a disk re-format so I can start with a clean sheet to find a pattern should it happen again.

I purchased from John Lewis and have just checked that this will have come with a 2yr warranty so now need to find my proof of purchase! At least this opens another avenue if help should the reboot prove unsuccessful

Will report back once I have done done testing

Thanks again for your interest

| Wed 18 Feb 2015 19:35:35 #23 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.