My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Software Update Stuck on 50%

(90 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Endoman

Hi!
    I have had the recurring nightmare with this update. This is what worked for me after trying several of the solutions offered on this thread which didn't:-

1) I downloaded the file 1.01.06.zip to my computer desktop from the Humax support page. I then extracted (unzipped) it to my computer desktop.

2) Inserted pen drive/memory stick into a free computer USB slot and Formatted it (FAT 32 is the default on windows)

3) Copy and paste the extracted Humax file to the pen drive (ignore the text file it isn't necessary).

3) My recorder has a wi-fi dongle inserted in the rear USB port - I removed this.

4) Pull the power lead out of the rear of the recorder and insert the pen drive into the front USB slot

5) Count to 30 and as you re-insert the power cable start tapping the down arrow on the front of the recorder. After a few seconds the recorder shows the upgrading software screen which completes in about 1 min. This upgrade switches the loader to version 1.04 from 1.02.

6) Downloaded file 1.01.13.zip to computer desktop and unzipped again to desktop.

7) Insert pen drive in computer and format again

8)Copy and paste as before.

9) Unplug power etc as before. This completes the upgrade.

I had tried using this same pen drive without success, yesterday. Its possible that the formatting; copy and paste and tapping down arrow before inserting the power cable made the difference.
    Good Luck!

| Mon 30 Mar 2015 17:58:47 #71 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

webby

Thank you. Have contacted Humax x 2 this afternoon, on the 1st occasion I was advised to try the manual update again, which I did, it went to 49% then said error003 in yellow, I re contacted Humax & explained this & I have been offered an exchange, as the advisor said that the box was defective if the manual update only went to 49%. I am now in the process of completing the form & enclosing receipt for them. They will collect the defective one & exchange, when the form is received. I just hope the new one will be updated, don't want to waste another 5 days of our lives. What a nightmare this has been.

| Mon 30 Mar 2015 18:33:31 #72 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

webby - 5 hours ago  » 
    Thank you. Have contacted Humax x 2 this afternoon, on the 1st occasion I was advised to try the manual update again, which I did, it went to 49% then said error003 in yellow, I re contacted Humax & explained this & I have been offered an exchange, as the advisor said that the box was defective if the manual update only went to 49%. I am now in the process of completing the form & enclosing receipt for them. They will collect the defective one & exchange, when the form is received. I just hope the new one will be updated, don't want to waste another 5 days of our lives. What a nightmare this has been.

Clearly it should never have come to this, glad to see you've got a result, sort of anyway, let us know how you get on with the replacement.

Endoman, above, writes a very good post that may still be relevant and can't do any harm if you want to give it one last go and have the patience of a saint.

| Tue 31 Mar 2015 0:33:59 #73 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

fedman1

special member

Maybe it's just me, but reading all these various threads makes me dispare. How on earth did Humax get themselves into this state of affairs, where users are spending hours trying to get their PVR's back into a usable working condition.

Has there been any statement or appology from Humax for the trouble caused yet?

How do owners correct the problem if they do not have access to a computer or the internet?

| Tue 31 Mar 2015 10:53:55 #74 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

fedman1 - 1 minute ago  » 
    How do owners correct the problem if they do not have access to a computer or the internet?

I think the only option is to talk to Humax support and let them sort out the mess.

| Tue 31 Mar 2015 10:57:07 #75 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Granted it should not have happened, but as usual it is being blown out of all proportion in some quarters.

I for one do not think any boxes have been 'bricked' they are easily recoverable to a working condition in minutes as has been proved by me and others in this very thread.

Indeed I think if users had not interrupted the update process, units would have successfully updated in time, again as proved by me on 3 occasions. I do appreciate however the inconvenience if the unit is primary source of viewing TV.

2. Humax Towers, and therefore the support cell have been kept fully up to date with findings.

| Tue 31 Mar 2015 11:24:22 #76 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

webby

I'm unsure as to what the term "bricked" means. We didn't commence doing anything with our box until after I had spoken to Humax, & received printed instructions from them as to possible solutions to rectify the problem caused by the update. We didn't interrupt any of the solutions they suggested, & we tried them all fully to the best of our abilities. The problem has been we have spent 5 days trying our best to rectify a problem, not caused by us on a box which is under warranty, it was only at gone 5pm last night when Humax said they would exchange it. Our thoughts are we shouldn't have had to keep sending emails/telephoning to try & get the matter resolved. All we want is a functioning box, that we paid for.

| Tue 31 Mar 2015 12:05:28 #77 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

ludwig

I am a non technical person who wanted to buy a digital recorder that would handle HD channels. I have bought Humax in the past (pvr 9200T and 9300T) and I was happy with them so I went for Humax again.
    I bought a brand new HDR 2000T from a well known high street store 3 days ago.
    This morning I was warned not to switch off my system because a software update was underway.
    Fair enough I thought
    One hour later the same message......2 hours .....6 hours later still the same message!!!!
    I emailed Humax for advice, no reply thus far.
    I rang the helpline, lots of music and then a message that they were experiencing lots of calls (I wonder why?) so I gave up.
    I repackaged the wretched machine and took it back to the shop.
    Fortunately I got a refund without difficulty.
    Based on this unhappy episode my opinion of HUMAX could hardy be worse because it seems to me that I was sold a machine with an inbuilt problem that is being openly discussed in this forum.
    This episode has not cost me money but it has cost me many wasted hours, a great deal of frustration and has made me very angry.
    I would like to hear HUMAX's explanation of why these machines are still on sale.

| Thu 2 Apr 2015 23:11:47 #78 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum Ludwig

Whilst your frustration is understandable especially if you are not technically capable that is not a reason for Humax to withdraw a perfectly usable item from sale. Indeed in your case the unit could have been recovered to a usable condition in a few seconds.

As has been pointed out in this thread there are many simple solutions to overcome the problems encountered.

| Fri 3 Apr 2015 9:45:31 #79 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

ludwig

Dear Barry,
    if your comment was intended to be helpful or soothing I can assure you it was neither. I will have MUCH MORE to say when I have cooled down a bit.

| Fri 3 Apr 2015 10:27:53 #80 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.