My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Streaming between Humax products

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rogden

I have a HDR Fox T2 and am thinking about buying another Humax product, e.g another Fox Freeview or Youview product. I would wish to stream recorded TV from my current HDR Fox T2 to the 'new' product.
    I'd appreciate guidance on whether this possible and, if so, what other Humax products I should consider. Also, would I be able to stream photos and music files from my Fox T2 to the new product? Note, I am not too technical and would wish to avoid any solution involving programming.
    Rogden

| Tue 17 Dec 2013 15:08:21 #1 |
  2. brian

brian

special member

A second HDR-FOX T2 would allow you to watch recorded content from the other HDR-FOX T2 via your network.
    I don't know about photos and music files though.

| Tue 17 Dec 2013 15:18:39 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

An HD Fox T2 can stream content recorded on an HDR Fox T2, my parents have this setup. Of course the HD Fox T2 is no longer on sale from Humax but you might be able to buy one second hand. The other issue is that the bug fix in the client for streaming file sizes above 4GB in the 1.02.32 software has never been officially released for the HD Fox T2 (not on the Humax betas download site) so HD recordings will stop streaming after about 50 minutes. It's a shame the firmware to fix this hasn't been released, the HD Fox T2 is a nice little box and in particular for a bedroom it has no annoying fan.

| Mon 23 Dec 2013 14:17:00 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Rogden - 1 week ago  » 
    I ... am thinking about buying another Humax product, e.g another Fox Freeview or Youview product. I would wish to stream recorded TV from my current HDR Fox T2 to the 'new' product.
    I'd appreciate guidance on whether this possible and, if so, what other Humax products I should consider.

Remove Youview from your list, even one manufactured by Humax.

Add an HDR-2000T to your list. Streaming TV works in both directions.
    Current price from the cooperative is £164.99.
    http://www.coopelectricalshop.co.uk/Humax-HDR-2000T-Black-500GB-Freeview-HD-Digital-TV-Recorder-with-Twin-Tuner/id-HUM-FTA-HDR2000T-BK (that part of their site is currently down –it was working earlier, but you can check on their price via http://www.coopelectricalshop.co.uk/TV+DVD+and+Bluray/Digital+TV+Equipment/Freeview+and+Freesat/fd/c/c/c)

| Thu 26 Dec 2013 13:58:51 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

Luke is correct, YouView boxes cannot stream to/from another box.

| Thu 26 Dec 2013 17:27:30 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rogden

I've had problems with my web browser for the past few days that are now resolved. Therefore, I can now thank you for the good advice about streaming to/from my HDR FoxT2.
    Rogden

| Mon 30 Dec 2013 17:04:50 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.