My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

S/w update

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Kennyboy

I have two PVR-9200T one of which is on s/w version PGXTF 1.00.21 and is presenting problems and locking out when using the remote control.

I also have a second machine which is on PGXTF 1.00.23 and is working perfectly.

Can anyone please advise how to upgrade both machines to the latest software version.

Thank you.

| Thu 11 Aug 2011 9:48:10 #1 |
  2. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Have a look here.

The latest software was last transmitted OTA just a few weeks ago, I would check your Software Auto Update settings.

| Thu 11 Aug 2011 9:57:33 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Kennyboy

I have checked both machines and they are set up the same using factory defaults and running from the same arial. I just want them to be at the same level of software.

| Fri 12 Aug 2011 8:38:17 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Belated welcome to the Forum

1.00.23 is the latest for the 9200, puzzled as to why one of your units has not picked up the numerous OTA's, do you leave it switched on per chance?

Repeat of the OTA maybe available soon if you do not want to try updating via cable/PC.

| Fri 12 Aug 2011 8:46:34 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Kennyboy

Thanks Barry

The 9200 that is on v1.00.21 is in the bedroom and we tend to leave this on most of the time.

Interested in your suggestion about updating via cable/PC perhaps you could elucidate on this. Are there any articles that illustrate the procedure?

Thanks once again.

| Sat 13 Aug 2011 8:56:09 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Units have to be in standby to pick up OTA's automatically.

See:

http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/support/downloadcenter_model.aspx?category_seq=56

For software, and download instructions.

| Sat 13 Aug 2011 9:27:28 #6 |
  7. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Kennyboy - 1 hour ago  » 
    Are there any articles that illustrate the procedure?

You must have missed the link in my first post.

| Sat 13 Aug 2011 10:43:49 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Kennyboy

Thanks to both of you I have now managed to update both units to PGXTF 1.00.23 using a null modem cable and a serial to USB converter. I had to change the settings on the com port of my laptop (obvious in hindsite) to get handshaking working. This will be the way for me in future as for some reason (I know not why) despite having on and off settings to set to disabled the second unit keeps switching from standby to power on at regular intervals.
    Once again thanks - where would I have been without you both.
    Kennyboy

| Wed 17 Aug 2011 13:42:52 #8 |
  9. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Did you do a default reset after the update? If not do that and remember to note down existing settings and schedules as these will be reset.

If you have already done the default reset try setting an on and off time, exit menu and then and then disable them again. For some reason this has worked in the past.

| Wed 17 Aug 2011 18:05:43 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.