grahamlthompson

special member

Barry - 11 minutes ago  » 
    The option is missing Graham

Thanks Barry. Explains the confusion

| Wed 23 Oct 2013 10:36:43 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

CornishLad

I will check later if loop-through works in standby mode...
    (For the T2000)
    Meanwhile an alternative suggestion is put the other device on the upstream end of the signal so you don't need hummy to pass through, or use a passive splitter...
    Obviously the other device might not have a pass through & a splitter presumably halves the signal strength but should have minimal effect on digital "quality"

| Wed 23 Oct 2013 11:05:59 #43 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

CornishLad - 1 minute ago  » 
    I will check later if loop-through works in standby mode...
    (For the T2000)
    Meanwhile an alternative suggestion is put the other device on the upstream end of the signal so you don't need hummy to pass through, or use a passive splitter...
    Obviously the other device might not have a pass through & a splitter presumably halves the signal strength but should have minimal effect on digital "quality"

Always the environmentally friendly solution, I don't have any of my devices in other than low power sby. I have one launch amplifier in the loft, other than that everything is done with passive splitters (10 digital tuners a mixture of HD and SD). Provided the signal remains firmly above the digital cliff it will have zero effect on picture quality.

The aerial is a log40 periodic in the loft and the transmitter is a relatively low power one some 30 mls away (Lark Stoke technically part of a SFN - Single Frequency Network). Trees behind my house give problems with the much higher power Sutton Coldfield roughly the same distance away.

Digital either works 100%, not at all or within a very narrow band where problems are totally obvious (picture breaks down into a pixelated mess).

| Wed 23 Oct 2013 11:16:46 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

CornishLad

Ok now I'm confused, T2000 is doing pass through, but not power saving.
    Seems to consume 9/10 watts on standby...
    Can't find anything on menu to change powe settings, is that what you meant by missing menu options?

| Wed 23 Oct 2013 14:34:04 #45 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Were you recording when you checked, or is a timer due to record in less then 15 minutes?

| Wed 23 Oct 2013 14:54:57 #46 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

magic

I'd be interested to know if the 2000t supports copying recordings (unencrypted) to external media like the hdr-fox does.

| Wed 23 Oct 2013 18:41:49 #47 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

CornishLad

I was recording but I stopped the recording, it did start recording another programme, which I also stopped...
    There was another recording set to go off in around 15 minutes...

All this jumping through hoops does prompt the suggestion that, as the led on the front is the boxes only visual indicator, it needs to be more informative...

You can't easily tell if it's on & recording or in standby

Without the complications of the dual tuners, there are basically 4 states:-

Standby
    Standby and recording
    On
    On and recording

As the firmware is presumably controlling the front led, it *should* be possible to blink/flash/vary the led(s) to show 4 colours (having it/them actually flash would probably very annoying)

| Wed 23 Oct 2013 20:36:46 #48 |
  9. af123

af123

So is the red for standby just as bright as the red for on and recording? I expected the standby red to be noticeably dimmer!

| Wed 23 Oct 2013 20:59:49 #49 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

magic - 2 hours ago  » 
    I'd be interested to know if the 2000t supports copying recordings (unencrypted) to external media like the hdr-fox does.

Welcome to the Forum

The present situation:

SD recordings can be copied off and played on PC, HD can be copied off but are encrypted and can only be played back via the same unit.

| Wed 23 Oct 2013 21:17:26 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.