My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Tentative details for the HDR 2000T - Now available

(84 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

CornishLad

A few queries relating to the way things used to be on the 9200T versus T2000

Previously had the ability to supply power to a mast mounted aerial amp & a setting to switch this on & off
    (I can't now find this, does that mean the power up coax function has gone?)

I did wonder if you could use the usb port to power the amp, I've got LED lights plugged into that, and they seem to be on/off in a random way, with no correlation to the recording/standby state of the box..

When 2 channels were recording, you could watch a third, provided it was on the same MUX I think, and if you were watching a channel when the 2nd recording began, if it wasn't available, it simply vanished & left message "this channel is restricted by recording"

(Now the box rather huffily says, as it's about to record "Is it OK to switch channels", which probably results in a lost recording if you've popped out to put the kettle on, I don't know what it does if you don't respond)

Previously only the channels you couldn't watch due to 2 recordings being made were greyed out, now they all seem to be not available...

Also used to have "Picture In Picture" mode, which was quite useful if you accidentally found yourself watch something live & wanted to channel surf during the adverts & not miss the resumed program.

You used to be able to delete something you were playing back, without having to stop playing it first, now you don't seem to be able to, without first pressing stop.

All in all the T2000 is a great improvement but some things seem to me to have gone backward...

| Thu 7 Nov 2013 22:04:39 #81 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

I think you will find many of the changes you don't like came in years ago with the HDR Fox T2. It's not really fair to blame the 2000T for them.

Having said that, my HDR Fox T2 has the option to switch 5V antenna power on/off. But since most masthead amps need 12V I've always seen the 5V power feature as rather pointless.

| Thu 7 Nov 2013 22:43:46 #82 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Previously had the ability to supply power to a mast mounted aerial amp & a setting to switch this on & off
    (I can't now find this, does that mean the power up coax function has gone?)

Function still available, in installation menu.

Now the box rather huffily says, as it's about to record "Is it OK to switch channels", which probably results in a lost recording if you've popped out to put the kettle on, I don't know what it does if you don't respond

If you do not respond to the pop up message, the unit changes channel after approx 30 seconds and records scheduled timer.

Previously only the channels you couldn't watch due to 2 recordings being made were greyed out, now they all seem to be not available

Press the OK or list button, channels unavailable to view are 'greyed out'

| Thu 7 Nov 2013 23:09:59 #83 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

1 TB version incl wifi dongle now available to buy from Humax Direct:

http://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/product.asp?ProdRef=10116

| Tue 3 Dec 2013 10:35:07 #84 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.