My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Tentative details for the HDR 2000T - Now available

(84 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Squuiid

damian - 12 hours ago  » Back to the box though, it would have cost pennies to put an extra LED in for recording and even less for a tri-colour LED

I know, what the hell were they thinking? Dumb move Humax.

| Fri 25 Oct 2013 9:58:29 #71 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The box will surely work like the earlier box. If the box is recording or in pre-recording sby then pressing the off button will only return the box to full sby when recording activity is complete, as it does when waking from sby. Same applies if you turn off the box using the box power button when a bulk delete is underway, it will only go into full sby when all the deletes are processed. Of course you should not power off the mains when the box is operating. If you are really paranoid stick a usb powered light into one of the ports to see if the box is active. I use a cable with built in lights.

| Fri 25 Oct 2013 10:46:49 #72 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

CornishLad

My earlier suggestion was that as the blue/red led(s) are presumably controlled by the firmware then tweaking the mark space ratio of the two colours would produce the appearance of different shades of whatever you get from different amounts of red and blue light

So no extra hardware needed...

My Watt-O-Meter is digital, and doesn't display watts with any decimal places, so the precision is +/- .5w, for a "properly" designed instrument the accuracy should be at least as great as the precision, but who knows...

| Fri 25 Oct 2013 11:10:31 #73 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Squuiid

Folks, Homebase are doing 15% off everything this weekend and the HDR2000T can be had for £156.94 delivered!
    Use code DISCOUNT15 in checkout.

| Sun 27 Oct 2013 11:38:02 #74 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Link to above on Homebase website as it is listed under Set top boxes and not Digital recorders

| Sun 27 Oct 2013 12:35:27 #75 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Squuiid

Barry - 19 minutes ago  » 
    Link to above on Homebase website as it is listed under Set top boxes and not Digital recorders

Thanks, was on the go when I posted and would have been tricky to direct link.

| Sun 27 Oct 2013 12:56:14 #76 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

daveysawyer

I've got one on order (due tomorrow) and will let you know my first impressions when it arrives.

| Wed 30 Oct 2013 15:07:10 #77 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

daveysawyer - 1 hour ago  » 
    I've got one on order (due tomorrow) and will let you know my first impressions when it arrives.

Welcome to the Forum

Remember to register it with Humax to take advantage of 2 year warranty.

| Wed 30 Oct 2013 16:16:07 #78 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

daveysawyer

Barry - 1 day ago  » 

daveysawyer - 1 hour ago  » 

Welcome to the Forum
    Remember to register it with Humax to take advantage of 2 year warranty.

Cheers Barry!

Well, first impressions of the T2000 are good. If you've already got a Humax box, then the T2000 won't be that alien to you. There are a few welcome functions straight out of the box, e.g. ftp server and 'file sharing'. ftp works really well, can copy files off the Freesat box onto the T2000 and play them on there. Not had chance to do much else, but will keep people up to speed as using the device. There's no browser access like with Raydon's firmware, but that's not really a show stopper as I only discovered the new firmware around 2 weeks ago anyhow. The ftp is really the best bit for me anyhow.

Regards,
    Dave.

| Thu 31 Oct 2013 22:08:15 #79 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

1 TB version now available to pre order from Humax Direct:

http://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/product.asp?ProdRef=10116

Includes wifi dongle for network connection.

Update: Stocks expected 30 November

and someone asked me to confirm this:

The remote is multi mode ie you can set 1 of 6 modes so as not to conflict with other Humax products.

| Thu 7 Nov 2013 13:27:08 #80 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.