My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Transferring programme from hard drive

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Richard MQ

9200 certainly uses a proprietary file system, and the second half of my post is the method I use for transfer (along with various software to read the Hummy HD and transfer to my host PC)

I haven't yet tried it with our newer 9300 but I also understand that it uses a Linux FS - this may not be correct though.

If it is correct, a Linux Live CD will allow you to read the files from the HD, if connected via such a USB adaptor as I descibed. Assuming a similar file structure, a player such as VLC or MPlayer would then play the TS files directly

| Tue 4 Oct 2011 21:35:53 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Richard MQ - 29 minutes ago  » 
    I haven't yet tried it with our newer 9300 but I also understand that it uses a Linux FS

To the best of my knowledge it doesn't use a Linux file system.

| Tue 4 Oct 2011 22:07:02 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

goatie

Martin Liddle - 1 hour ago  » 

goatie - 1 hour ago  » 
    If you check this - 9300T / 9150T mods at humaxDisk, the problem is that with these using SATA drives rather than EIDE, and a Linux file system rather than DOS, the old 9200 mod doesn't work.

What makes you think it is a Linux file system? As far as I am aware it is Humax proprietary and very similar (but not identical to the 9200). Humaxrw will read and write to it.

I based thison the comments in the loop mod page. If it were a proprietary FS, Windows would not be able to read it, and Linux would likely have issues too.
    "Using Ubuntu 9.02 Live CD, I was able to boot up my HTPC (which has an eSATA port at the front and at the back) and connect the internal HDR's HDD to the front eSATA port to transfer recordings to my external HDD drive."
    is why a live boot Linux CD seems a good route to take.

Anyway, I'm not trying to start an argument here, just reporting what I've read elsewhere.

| Tue 4 Oct 2011 23:37:05 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

goatie - 13 minutes ago  » 

"Using Ubuntu 9.02 Live CD, I was able to boot up my HTPC (which has an eSATA port at the front and at the back) and connect the internal HDR's HDD to the front eSATA port to transfer recordings to my external HDD drive."

That is referring to the modification applied to a FOXSAT HDR whcich like the other current Humax HD models uses Linux EXT3 file system. I will say again that the Humax 9300 uses a similar file system to the 9200; see the note against version1.14 of HumaxRW HumaxRW

| Tue 4 Oct 2011 23:55:54 #14 |
  5. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

I have to back Martin up here - the 9300 filesystem is not linux based but similar yet not the same as the 9200t. humaxrw was modified to be able to read from the drive with a suitable (SATA) connection whether USB-SATA or eSATA or direct. (eg the USB-IDE adapter I used in my 9200t also has a SATA connector which would be usable with a 9300t drive - it also has a molex to SATA power adapter).

Any references to HDR mean either the Foxsat or Fox T2 HD systems which the 9300t predates.

The link mod referred to should still work using humaxrw to read the drive, but NB you should not let Windows attempt to 'initialise' the drive

You can use a linux live CD if you want but only if humaxrw was included which you would have to add yourself.

| Thu 6 Oct 2011 14:09:29 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

goatie - 2 days ago  » 
    I based thison the comments in the loop mod page. If it were a proprietary FS, Windows would not be able to read it, and Linux would likely have issues too.
    is why a live boot Linux CD seems a good route to take.

The HDR being referred to on the loop mod page is the FoxSat HDR model not the 9150/9300 models.
    The same cable modification can be used for all three but that is as far as the similarity goes between the FreeSat and the 9150/9300 for transferring files to a computer.

| Fri 7 Oct 2011 17:34:39 #16 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.