My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

TV does not receive signal when Humax is off

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mike1

Can anybody help please?
    My TV cannot receive a signal when the Humax HDR Fox T2 is switched off.
    Only when the Humax is operating can I receive pictures but even then we tend to use channels in the 800 range as picture quality for stations such as ITV and BBC suffer from bad pixilation when on channel 1, 2, 3 etc.
    I can receive perfect pictures if I just connect the TV to the wall aerial socket but as soon as we connect the aerial lead from the wall socket to the Humax and then an aerial lead to the TV we have problems so we have to have the Humax on all the time we watch TV.
    We had a similar problem some time ago and after a lot of effort it resolved itself. However since I last retuned the equipment for additional stations etc the problem has reappeared.
    Any suggestions please?

| Sun 8 Dec 2013 16:20:22 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Mike1 - 9 minutes ago  » 
    My TV cannot receive a signal when the Humax HDR Fox T2 is switched off.

You need to change the setting Power saving in standby from on to off.

Only when the Humax is operating can I receive pictures but even then we tend to use channels in the 800 range as picture quality for stations such as ITV and BBC suffer from bad pixilation when on channel 1, 2, 3 etc.

This suggests the box is not tuned correctly and as well as poor picture you may also experience problems with accurate recording features. There are two options: either manually tune using the instructions at Manual tuning FAQ or if the software version used by the box is earlier than 1.02.32 then update it using the download from Link to Humax download site which greatly improves tuning performance.

| Sun 8 Dec 2013 16:36:14 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mike1

Martin
    That was brilliant information. Many thanks. So far all so good.
    We have done everything you told us and it appears to have resolved our problems.
    Many thanks indeed.
    One small thing you may wish to include on the Manual Tuning FAQ is that by passing the cursor over the channels in the grey columns it will show which which channel is for HD and if they should be on default DVB-T or DVB- T2.
    Anyway thank you again for your time. Very much appreciated.
    Regards
    Mike

| Mon 9 Dec 2013 21:58:34 #3 |
  4. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Mike1 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Martin
    That was brilliant information. Many thanks. So far all so good.
    We have done everything you told us and it appears to have resolved our problems.
    Many thanks indeed.
    One small thing you may wish to include on the Manual Tuning FAQ is that by passing the cursor over the channels in the grey columns it will show which which channel is for HD and if they should be on default DVB-T or DVB- T2.
    Anyway thank you again for your time. Very much appreciated.
    Regards
    Mike

The HD multiplex is indicated in the pink header bar so I don't think there is any need to add any more detail in the instructions.

| Mon 9 Dec 2013 23:21:16 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.