My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

week old 9300t and epg won't fill up for week

(26 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

al shookup

Just bought a new 9300t to replace my trusty 9200t and the EPG will only fill up for a couple of days (except for Sky News where it fills up for a week). I even left it on BBC1 overnight but still not filling the EPG. Is it because I need to do a manual search for channels when setting up instead of automatic search and if so, what are the muxes for service from Emley Moor mast please?

| Mon 11 Jun 2012 12:11:56 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

From your descriptive it sounds like you are picking up signals from more then one transmitter.

Emley Moor:

47, 44, 51, 52, 48

| Mon 11 Jun 2012 12:38:33 #2 |
  3. Biggles

Biggles

special member

If you've got channels in the 800 range of channel numbers then you do need to do a Manual Search and that should cure your problems.

Manual Search Instructions.

The reason for doing a Manual Search is to target the six (five after DSO) multiplexes coming only from your preferred transmitter. The UHF channel numbers for your six/five multiplexes (digital channels) from your preferred transmitter can be obtained from (updated website information) https://www.freeview.co.uk/help scroll down to the "Check Freeview at my home" section and input your postcode and house number. When the initial results appear, scroll down past the available channel icons and you should find a "Detailed view" button. Click it to get the results that are useful for tuning purposesthe digitaluk web-site, enter your post code, house number and also tick the "Detailed view" box. Your UHF channel numbers are in the grey columns in the Coverage prediction section, ignore the BBC B multiplex (HD channels). The compass bearing for the available transmitters at your address are also shown on the page so you can check to see which transmitter your aerial is actually pointing at. You should only use the transmitter that your aerial is pointing at.

First you need to delete all existing channels.
    Menu > Edit Channels > Edit Channel Lists > Password (0000) and delete all channels, note there is a Select All button. If you were on a TV channel before going into the menu then TV channels will be listed first, delete them all. Go to Group, select Radio and delete all the radio channels. Press Exit on the remote control and when invited save all the changes.

You will now get a message saying No channels are available……, press OK. You should now be taken to the Installation menu, choose Manual Search. Select the first UHF channel number obtained from the Freeview digitaluk web-site for Channel (actually the order doesn’t matter) and press Search. When the search completes, Save. Select the next UHF channel number for Channel and press Search.....Save. Repeat this for all six/five UHF channel numbers and to finish press the Exit button. You will now find all your Freeview channels on their correct channel numbers, good luck.

| Mon 11 Jun 2012 12:38:34 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Barry, Can I suggest the Biggles manual tuning instructions are made a FAQ (and preferably near the top of the list).

| Mon 11 Jun 2012 13:44:20 #4 |
  5. Biggles

Biggles

special member

I need to be able to edit them though because I do tweak the odd word now and then.

| Mon 11 Jun 2012 15:43:36 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

al shookup

Thanks all, especially Biggles for your help.

| Fri 15 Jun 2012 16:43:31 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

carll

Just completed the manual retune steps, which has fixed my EPG issues, thanks.

Carl.

| Sun 4 Nov 2012 10:23:42 #7 |
  8. Doghouse

Doghouse

I found if I just turned it off from the mains, when you turned it on again it'd let you manually tune it, but you lost any planned recordings.

| Thu 14 Mar 2013 14:56:04 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Doghouse - 29 minutes ago  » 
    I found if I just turned it off from the mains, when you turned it on again it'd let you manually tune it, but you lost any planned recordings.

You shouldn't need to turn it off at the mains unless it had got into a state where the box thought it was recording but was not. Any retune that deletes channels will unfortunately delete the schedule of future recordings.

| Thu 14 Mar 2013 15:27:11 #9 |
  10. Doghouse

Doghouse

It wasn't letting me get into "installation." I couldn't get Dave ja vu, just a screen saying it was becoming available in January.

Since turning it off and on again when I was able to go straight into "installation," I reloaded all the channels and I can now get that one.
    If I go into "Menu" again now, it won't let me go into "installation" again. But I've solved my problem.

I was able to sort it with very few "clicks" by turning it off and on. Just needed to re-programme a few future recordings.

Now and again if I'm a bit "quick" with the remote control it does re-load again. This has no affect on planned recordings, but it will stop anything being recorded at the time and the programme guide will have disappeared, so I have to wait for that to come back.

| Thu 14 Mar 2013 21:00:32 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.