My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Wireless issues, and no customer service!!

(42 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Sykes - 10 minutes ago  » 
    1. I've already "proved" the dongle on a workstation, and it connects to the network with no trouble.
    2. The Humax box is on the same rack as the TV and my Panasonic Blu-ray player, both of which are working fine with the network (wirelessly).
    3. I'm not using MAC address filtering.

Is your router offering two alternative encryption protocols eg WPA and WPA2. Is it feasible to just use one? Some reports suggests that the the alternative protocols confuse the Humax.

Any idea how I might escalate this with Humax, and actually get to speak to them?

Ring them up.

| Tue 27 Nov 2012 19:55:12 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sykes

Hi Martin Thanks for replying.

Yes, my router (Technicolor TG582n) offers 2 alternatives.
    I've tried setting the router to just one protocol (WAP2 only) but this has not helped.
    I've left it in this mode for the last couple of days whilst I've been trying different ideas from the forum members.

| Wed 28 Nov 2012 8:00:28 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sykes

Martin

I think what i really need to know is whether the box's chipset's compatible with that of the dongle (RT3070), and to try and confirm whether the box's software is working correctly.
    Should there be a manual set-up page available in the networks section? As I said in a post yesterday, all I get is the ability to "connect automatically."

| Wed 28 Nov 2012 8:06:14 #13 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Sykes - 1 hour ago  » 
    Martin
    I think what i really need to know is whether the box's chipset's compatible with that of the dongle (RT3070), and to try and confirm whether the box's software is working correctly.
    Should there be a manual set-up page available in the networks section? As I said in a post yesterday, all I get is the ability to "connect automatically."

Manual options (for ip) only appear if DHCP fails - remove the dongle and retry.

| Wed 28 Nov 2012 9:36:49 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sykes

REPASSAC
    Thanks for the reply.
    I did as you suggested, and got into the manual set-up.
    I set the gateway for my network, and assigned an IP address similar to those on my network (but not the same!)

The message then said that I was connected, but when I tried to access any internet functions, like BBC Iplayer, the message eventually said "The link is currently not available."
    Going back to "automatically connect" (which should test the connection, according to the guidance), the message once again reads "network does not detected."

After several goes at this, I've come to the conclusion that manually setting the connection only seems to "con" the box into thinking that it's connected, when actually it isn't.

| Thu 29 Nov 2012 15:23:55 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sykes

Anyone got any other ideas on this?

| Sat 1 Dec 2012 12:36:19 #16 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Humax dongle when I tested it on a 1000S worked fine.

I vaguely remember that another Humax product had difficulty connecting to wireless networks using low wifi channel numbers 1-4 iirc

Not sure it is the problem, but worth checking?

Note:

As we appear to have a few members having issues with Edimax dongles I have today placed an order for a Edimax EW-7711UAN so I can check this out for myself, and if needs be feedback to Humax Towers.

| Sat 1 Dec 2012 12:54:49 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sykes

Barry

Thanks for the reply.

As I said earlier in my post I've tried all 13 available wireless channels, re-booting each time, but to no avail.

Other users seem to have been successful with the UAN, but it's the EW-7711UMN that I've got problems with. Don't know if the difference between UAN & UMN is automatic / manual? I do know that the UAN comes with an angled antenna attached, though.

Sykes

| Sat 1 Dec 2012 13:18:21 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gr4z

Hi
    I am having exactly the same issues, so much I got fed up and cabled the box in. Wireless simply doesn't work with my BT Homehub. I have tried selecting just WPA2 or WPA and allowing both. Wireless does work but as soon as the machine goes into Standby it looses everything. I gave up. Life is too short. Cabled in and all works now.
    Cheers

| Mon 3 Dec 2012 11:38:48 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sykes

Gr4z
    Thanks for the reply.

Any info is good info - even if you've gone down the ethernet route instead.

Please can you help, by telling me EXACTLY which dongle you tried, and how you got it to work in the first place.
    I've not even got mine to see any networks, so you obviously got further than me, even if you did have to keep re-setting it after a standby.
    When you had to re-set it after a standby, what did you have to do, and what messages did you get, please.

Thanks very much, in anticipation.
    Your reply may well help other people as well.
    I'm using a Technicolor TG582n router, but I'm sure there must be many people trying with a Home Hub.

Sykes

| Tue 4 Dec 2012 9:01:48 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.